> Prohands.net
Vasilije Vukmiro...
post Aug 22 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #21

Jazz Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 6.012

I don't trust those gripmasters much, it's better to spend your time with guitar then with that mechanical device.
Maybe 5 minutes daily is enouhg!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
post Aug 23 2009, 01:04 AM
Post #22

Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 4.276

I have a Gripmaster.
Helps build strength in your hand/fingers, so you have less problems playing for longer periods.
Works fine for me at least smile.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Aug 23 2009, 10:24 AM
Post #23

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

You realise with all these guitarists using prohands will have such strong hands, then could probably kill a man, or possibly even a Bear with there bear hands laugh.gif laugh.gif

unsure.gif unsure.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
post Aug 23 2009, 10:34 AM
Post #24

Experienced Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.185

As some other people I would advice a shredneck instead of the gripmaster. But in truth when You don't have a guitar and want to improve Your guitar playing, there is nothing better than learning theory... But it needs much more thinking, and I know how hard thinking is on a 16 hour shift, so a shredneck could do a trick:P

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Aug 23 2009, 02:31 PM
Post #25

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.892

I agree with Emir on this one. Stick to practicing guitar and everything will build naturally from time to time!

--------------------

+Quote Post
AdamB
post Aug 26 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #26

GMC:er

Member No.: 2.224

I think that, whilst I'm at work I can't really use a guitar or shred neck, but I can have this thing in one of my hands, so I use it. It can't make me any worse, so why not? I still practice hours every day, but if there is something that even gives me a small edge that I can do at a time when I physically can't be playing a guitar and have my mind occupied so can't be thinking about guitar or theory, then I'll at least try it.

+Quote Post
Farmer Joe
post Aug 29 2009, 08:08 PM
Post #27

GMC:er

Member No.: 6.835

Practicing on the guitar for at least a few minutes is definitely the best way to strengthen fingers.
But I have one of these gripmasters, I use it at work most of the day. I bought some caps that snap right on to each individual finger grip that has raised grooves to simulate guitar strings. They hurt a bit at first, but now I'm used to them and they help maintain calluses on the finger tips. I never use it at home when I actually have my guitars around, but when I'm at work, or if I have to go on a boring shopping trip with my girl, I take it along and just squeeze away lol.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th May 2017 - 06:11 AM