2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Cactus Picks
kahall
Aug 23 2009, 02:02 AM
Learning Roadie
I am ordering some as well. They have some other good deals in their ebay store so I will give some other things a try. Nice find.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Aug 27 2009, 06:54 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (kahall @ Aug 22 2009, 09:02 PM) *
I am ordering some as well. They have some other good deals in their ebay store so I will give some other things a try. Nice find.

These picks look great. I love the "rock" shape to them.

Anyone know of any picks that are this shape but are greater than 1.3 mm in thickness?

Those 1mm picks are not exactly "heavy" to me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Aug 27 2009, 07:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 21 2009, 09:26 AM) *
I used a Cactus as a Pick once.

It made a hell of a mess of the strings.

I've never done it again!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

hahahaha!!!

haaha, why don´t you try a Cactus guitar too? XD

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
Aug 27 2009, 07:39 PM
QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Aug 27 2009, 02:03 PM) *
hahahaha!!!

haaha, why don´t you try a Cactus guitar too? XD

Brings new meaning to the words "sharp, pointy looking guitar"

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Aug 27 2009, 07:40 PM
Instructor
hahaha!! indeed!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 27 2009, 07:43 PM
Jazz Instructor
They look nice, I will check the local music store....When I go to buy new strings...

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Sep 9 2009, 12:23 AM
Just got my order of Cactus Picks in and love them. As of right now I plan on retiring my old picks. Seems like such a no brainer. Why hasn't anyone done little grips on picks before now?

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Sep 9 2009, 12:25 AM
Some have done this before, actually, but for some reason they didn't realize how awesome it was? Or we didn't provide enough feedback? I have this otherwise-strange "wirething" pick that has the same bumps on the thumb side and it's an amazing grip. The downside it's the rest of the pick is a steel wire and not so awesome.

The grips are great tho, same size as the ones on the cactus pick design but slightly denser population of the bumps.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Sep 9 2009, 09:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JCJXXL @ Sep 9 2009, 01:23 AM) *
Just got my order of Cactus Picks in and love them. As of right now I plan on retiring my old picks. Seems like such a no brainer. Why hasn't anyone done little grips on picks before now?

Glad you liked them biggrin.gif Was worried everyone would buy and dislike them smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:30 AM