Emir Hot
post Oct 16 2009, 02:03 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.490

QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Oct 4 2009, 03:05 PM) *
Yes Sir ! I'm composing the second song for my band at the moment, but seeing as you're leaving, I'll just upload the file as it is now. I'm planning for the song to be pretty long, so don't be shocked when it stops... biggrin.gif

Hope you like it ! The bass player asked for a solo, and since he's Venezuelan I put in a little Latin beat towards the end... smile.gif

The file name is "X", but it's just because I haven't named the song yet... smile.gif

Sounds cool man. The rhythm part is pretty much the same throughout the song but if that's what you like then ok. I like the solo lines.

What about the MTP? I need to give you assignment every week acording to the new rules. What are we working on?

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
post Oct 17 2009, 03:21 PM
Post #22

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 7.072

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 16 2009, 03:03 PM) *
Sounds cool man. The rhythm part is pretty much the same throughout the song but if that's what you like then ok. I like the solo lines.

What about the MTP? I need to give you assignment every week acording to the new rules. What are we working on?

Welcome back Emir ! biggrin.gif I am working on the "Slow Rock Solo" lesson you made, and I get a very good low-gain tone on my Marshall amplifier, but when I play using the POD Studio GX, the output is too low, and I don't get a sharp sound from the pickups (this is what happened in my previous REC takes). My solution to this is either changing pickups, or getting some serious help with the POD Farm software.

Could you please send me the preset you used for the lesson, so that I can post it on the REC board ? smile.gif

In the meantime, I would like to improve my fretboard knowledge, so I was wondering if you could send me the backing track for the Major (ionian) soloing backing track that Dexxter has been working with. I have been following his MTP board, and I think it would really improve my playing, as well as let me work on speed, control, fast runs, legato etc. I would really appreciate that, and hope I can post a take of this as well as of the lesson I'm working on. biggrin.gif

EDIT: I could need a backing track for the Slow Rock Solo lesson too, while you're at it ! biggrin.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/slow_rock_solo/

This post has been edited by Alexiaden93: Oct 17 2009, 03:34 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Oct 17 2009, 03:35 PM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Regarding the sound, I am sure you can get a good tone with your unit. Just learn how to use it. My preset will not help as I am using something totally different - Amplitube 2. Your unit should have even more options than this plugin.

Every backing I sent to Dexxter can be found in his thread and can be downloaded. He also made some himself so he should be able to help if you need it. Let's then work on that lesson and on those boxes. Pick that chart from there and start smile.gif I'll open assigments threads soon.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
post Oct 17 2009, 03:36 PM
Post #24

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 17 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Regarding the sound, I am sure you can get a good tone with your unit. Just learn how to use it. My preset will not help as I am using something totally different - Amplitube 2. Your unit should have even more options than this plugin.

Every backing I sent to Dexxter can be found in his thread and can be downloaded. He also made some himself so he should be able to help if you need it. Let's then work on that lesson and on those boxes. Pick that chart from there and start smile.gif I'll open assigments threads soon.

OK smile.gif I'll try to fix a tone for the lesson, and I'll look for the backings ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
post Oct 18 2009, 12:38 PM
Post #25

Learning Rock Star

Hey Emir ! I've been working on the boxes a bit, but I was wondering if you could send me the backing track for "Slow Rock Solo" ? smile.gif

By the way, I don't know if I'm just being picky, but would it be possible to use a backing track say in G major, so that I can start far down on the fretboard ? Dexxter's one is in D major, which makes me have to start on the 10th fret if I want to start on the low E string... ? smile.gif If you don't want to make another one, or maybe transpose it, could you tell me how to transpose using Reaper ? I'm just worried I need to insert frequencies, and I'm not familiar with every note's frequency yet... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Oct 18 2009, 02:37 PM
Post #26

Instructor
Group Icon

I am opening assignment thread for each of you and your assignment is due on the 25th of October. Send me an email and I will send the backing. About Dexxter's backing in D, leave that one for later. I just want you to play G major scale in all 5 positions and produce backing yourself. Just drums, no need to have chords in the background. Check the new thread.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
post Oct 19 2009, 05:58 PM
Post #27

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 18 2009, 03:37 PM) *
I am opening assignment thread for each of you and your assignment is due on the 25th of October. Send me an email and I will send the backing. About Dexxter's backing in D, leave that one for later. I just want you to play G major scale in all 5 positions and produce backing yourself. Just drums, no need to have chords in the background. Check the new thread.

OK smile.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
post Nov 1 2009, 04:41 AM
Post #28

Learning Rock Star

Hey Emir !

I felt a bit weird about not handing anything in this week, so I just started learning Amberdawn on Friday evening, and uploaded a badly synchronised, and in general BAD take.

However, this is just to get feedback and just see how much I will have progressed next time I want to record a take. Although it's a poor take, I do think I am improving in many aspects of guitar playing, so I can't be too disappointed... sad.gif I will post a new take next week, to see if I have improved by then ! smile.gif

Come back ! unsure.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Nov 15 2009, 09:56 PM
Post #29

Instructor
Group Icon

This is a great take man. I love this song. Was it from Magnum Opus album? Awesome track and you played it really good. Just don't be affraid to go for a very wide vibrato as Yngwie does. All the trills and overall control is just great. Well done.

I have just replied on your assigmnet thread so please have a look.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
post Nov 15 2009, 10:42 PM
Post #30

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Nov 15 2009, 09:56 PM) *
This is a great take man. I love this song. Was it from Magnum Opus album? Awesome track and you played it really good. Just don't be affraid to go for a very wide vibrato as Yngwie does. All the trills and overall control is just great. Well done.

I have just replied on your assigmnet thread so please have a look.

Thank you, Emir ! I know I shouldn't blame my guitar, but bending is very difficult, since the strings "crack" when tuning/bending... It's like they make loud pinging sounds... Anyway, I will try to improve bending, and fix my guitar smile.gif

WELCOME BACK ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel

Guitars
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Line 6 POD Studio GX
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Nov 15 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #31

Instructor
Group Icon

Cheers Alex smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 07:42 PM