Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Andy Summers
post Sep 21 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.205

Hi All, i got myself a well bashed-up rock-n-rolled fret worn mexican 2000 strat the other day in a flea market, and i was checking out some of the sounds with NI Guitar Rig. wow.. never new a guitar could sound like that. I don't know if the pickups have been changed from the originals on this mexican guitar, it does have the treble bleed mod on the volume and also a hum killer coil, that works great in the mid-bridge position. but i digress..

I found a nice sound, really plucky, almost twangy, with a little tremelo and delay and some of that psyche delay octave thing and I found myself palm muting and I thought - that'd sound great with "Every breath you take", so i did a quick search on GMC and then for a tab on the net. I was surprised how easy it is to play, although i would need a lot more practice to attempt to sing it at the same time.

Now I know Andy Summers is not known for playing strats, but he is certainly one of those guitarists that stands out in history for playing his own style. - but not a single "in the style of" lesson here on GMC!!

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
post Sep 22 2009, 05:51 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 7.117

You ask for, you have it!. Haha

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2016 - 08:41 AM