Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Way Off Topic-
Eat-Sleep-andJam
post Mar 11 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.243

Well i was just wonderin but Kris im signed up for a membership here and 1.332 other members are. Although are memberships range in cost and length, you must make pretty good money of having this online site. No ?

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Mar 12 2007, 12:12 AM
Post #2

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Mar 11 2007, 06:56 PM) *
Well i was just wonderin but Kris im signed up for a membership here and 1.332 other members are. Although are memberships range in cost and length, you must make pretty good money of having this online site. No ?

I doubt that all 1,332 members are all still active ... however, I hope Kris is doing well, and long may it continue!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
post Mar 12 2007, 01:02 AM
Post #3

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Mar 11 2007, 03:12 PM) *
I doubt that all 1,332 members are all still active ... however, I hope Kris is doing well, and long may it continue!

Amen to that ! biggrin.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Mar 12 2007, 08:28 AM
Post #4

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

Motivated question!

The first ~800 members are from the time the forum was open and free - they are for the most part not active.

Yes GMC does now bring revenue - which has allowed me to hire coders, designers, and guest instructors! smile.gif

Kris

--------------------

+Quote Post
browq
post Mar 12 2007, 11:45 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 1.141

Hope this continues forever

I really think that some really great guitar players in the future will be spawned on these grounds. And i don't mind paying for something that has quality

I could create a topic for this question but in don't know if one already excists. This question is for cris

You said you playd with a progressive rock band called artifex. I'll try to find some of there songs. But are you currently in a band or having plans to form your own band? I mean if you could put some right guys together you could probably make a name for yourself

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
post Mar 12 2007, 11:47 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (browq @ Mar 12 2007, 02:45 AM) *

I really think that some really great guitar players in the future will be spawned on these grounds. And i don't mind paying for something that has quality

I could create a topic for this question but in don't know if one already excists. This question is for cris

You said you playd with a progressive rock band called artifex. I'll try to find some of there songs. But are you currently in a band or having plans to form your own band? I mean if you could put some right guys together you could probably make a name for yourself

Amen to that x2 laugh.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
post Mar 12 2007, 01:04 PM
Post #7

GMC Founder & Rocker
Group Icon

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (browq @ Mar 12 2007, 11:45 AM) *

Thanks for the enouragement! smile.gif

I am a very hard working person - when I am not sleeping you will find working, playing guitar, writing songs (I record a lot of stuff which I don't show anyone because I am not happy with it).

I have found that involving other people into my musical projects makes things go very slow - that's why I do everything by myself (recording, singing etc.).

If I ever get the opportunity to create a band with paid musicians - where I get to decide exactly what's to be done. Then I will hopefully do a tour and visit your city. biggrin.gif Until then I am very happy doing things on my own - and occasionally playing/gigging with other people's bands/music...

smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Mar 12 2007, 01:21 PM
Post #8

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Mar 12 2007, 06:47 AM) *
Amen to that x2 laugh.gif

I think Kris said that Artifex ended because it was hard for a band to make a living where he was ... I suggest that he moves to Connecticut USA to start a band, so he can give me 1 on 1 lessons as well laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 04:10 AM