> Wiki Writers Entry: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Staffy
post Oct 16 2009, 12:34 PM
Post #1

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

Group: MVC
Member No.: 7.291

Here's a review of Fender's modern version of the Deluxe -amp. Does it deliver?
Find out HERE.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Clare
post Oct 16 2009, 01:31 PM
Post #2

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.959

Hey staffay, another fine fender article, i was on a serious amp quest a year and a half ago and almost bought one of these but after much searching and testing i decided on a traynor custom ycs90, had i not bought this amp, i may have got the fender.

+Quote Post
Staffy
post Oct 16 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #3

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (THE BUZZARD @ Oct 16 2009, 02:31 PM) *
Hey staffay, another fine fender article, i was on a serious amp quest a year and a half ago and almost bought one of these but after much searching and testing i decided on a traynor custom ycs90, had i not bought this amp, i may have got the fender.

I've got mine since the 90's, and its like a work-horse to me.... but I will try to switch speakers in it, as well as rebuild it, since I know a guy that do mods on these in order to make them sound more vintage. But I guess thats just a matter of taste, if Yoy want a Fender amp cheap enough, this is the one to get, otherwise I heard some awesound samples, as well as people talking bout the new suprasonic, but this is a totally different price range...

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Boson
post Oct 17 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #4

Learning Apprentice Player
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 5.981

I believe the 1965 model was the one to have.

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Staffy
post Oct 17 2009, 07:14 PM
Post #5

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Boson @ Oct 17 2009, 06:06 PM) *
I believe the 1965 model was the one to have.

Yeah, absolutely! But my wallet don't like the prizes.. laugh.gif But I got contact with a guy in Denmark that do mods on these as well as mods on Marshalls etc. He also build replicas of the old Fenders to very affordable prizes, but I haven't got the time to go there yet....

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
post Oct 17 2009, 08:16 PM
Post #6

Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 3.338

Good entry!
This one scores a 4 smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Boson
post Oct 17 2009, 08:44 PM
Post #7

Learning Apprentice Player
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 5.981

QUOTE (Staffy @ Oct 17 2009, 08:14 PM) *
Yeah, absolutely! But my wallet don't like the prizes.. laugh.gif But I got contact with a guy in Denmark that do mods on these as well as mods on Marshalls etc. He also build replicas of the old Fenders to very affordable prizes, but I haven't got the time to go there yet....

//Staffay

There is a cheaper way!!

I just bought a pedal Boss FDR 1 which is endorsed by fender and emulates the Fender Delux 65. I bought it to add reverb to my Blackstar. I will do a review as soon as I have had a bit of a chance to play with it. Some vids on You tube make it look good (done by Boss so they are going to!!)

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
Staffy
post Oct 17 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #8

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Boson @ Oct 17 2009, 09:44 PM) *
There is a cheaper way!!

I just bought a pedal Boss FDR 1 which is endorsed by fender and emulates the Fender Delux 65. I bought it to add reverb to my Blackstar. I will do a review as soon as I have had a bit of a chance to play with it. Some vids on You tube make it look good (done by Boss so they are going to!!)

That sounds interesting, even though I think it's possible to do a mod on my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (seen a couple around), thanks for the tip, I will check it out on YouTube !!! smile.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2017 - 03:55 AM