> Sollesnes Mtp
Sollesnes
post Nov 2 2009, 02:47 PM
Post #1

Learning Tone Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.623

As requested, a guitar CV of some sort.

I am 19, soon 20, year old, and have been playing for 5 years.

When I started playing, I was shown how to read tablature, and then let to myself. Ever since that I've learnt most things from tablature, not thinking of theory and not learning things by ear. Over the last year I have spent time learning some theory and practicing my improvisation and ear on GMC.
I think one of the things that has kept me from actully studying theory, is that I have spent a lot of time improvising without thinking of any theory. I can put on a track, and after some stumbling around, play a melody or a solo that fits the track.
My theoretical mind just lags behind.
But there is -a lot- of stumbling around, and I have no idea why "this" works over the track and "that" doesn't.

Which brings me to the goals:
- I would like to learn theory so that I know what I play and can more easily replicate the good sounding happenings and avoid the bad sounding happenings.
- Ear practice. I would like to improve my ability to learn songs and melodies from other songs, and my heart.
- I would like to improve my improvising, and I believe it will improve with the improvement of theory knowledge, and ear practice.

Hm. I hope this was ok smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Nov 2 2009, 02:48 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Nov 2 2009, 04:10 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.892

Solle this sounds good. We will work on theory and ear training no problem. I am just wondering which techniques are you comfortable playing because we will need to cover the basics for alternate, sweep picking, legato, bending etc. I just want to know where you are at with those techniques.
Let me know!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sollesnes
post Nov 2 2009, 04:19 PM
Post #3

Learning Tone Master

Group: Members
Member No.: 6.623

I don't think I will have any problems with techniques now smile.gif
You can check my youtube if you want, the link is in my signature smile.gif Most videos are old, except the Mojo Oro.
I usually do not alternate pick, but use economy picking. My timing is also not all too good.

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Nov 2 2009, 04:24 PM

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Nov 3 2009, 11:10 AM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

I checked them out Solle and they are very good videos smile.gif We can perhaps start with some light alternate picking that you can take to other level with your technique. We will also work on your primary goals of course, but we must work on technique always smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Nov 3 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

1st assignment is posted Solle, go check it out HERE
Let me know if you got any questions in that thread smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 11:46 PM