2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Holy Guitar! Its A Dream Machine!, Gibson DarkFire
jafomatic
Nov 13 2009, 06:41 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Nov 13 2009, 11:22 AM) *
who knows what the heck id do with $3000 in my hand.....

http://www.prsguitars.com/513/index.html (scroll down so you don't miss the demo vids)

With 3k in hand, save up another 500 bucks and get the 513 smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Nov 13 2009, 06:46 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I've actually never picked one up. You can buy them online for about 500 bucks less than they are selling them locally. There is two LP's and an SG here and they have been there for as long as I can remember. I just don't want to pick one up in case I like it. I also don't want to pick one up in case I hate it. LP's have a certain allure for me that I'm in no hurry to confirm, costing me thousands, or refute, breaking my heart.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Nov 13 2009, 08:52 PM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Nov 13 2009, 09:41 AM) *
http://www.prsguitars.com/513/index.html (scroll down so you don't miss the demo vids)

you are right! id probably go with PRS....see! just thinking of $3000 impairs my judgement!

oh i would love to have a PRS...i think they get one of the best tones (at least to me) they have the exact sound im looking for...smooth, defined, and sexy

now if i could only find a woman like this....hmmmm.....but then id have to teach her to be as quiet as the guitar too! maybe ill put some noise canceling humbuckers in her... oh the possibilities

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 13 2009, 09:06 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Jesse @ Nov 13 2009, 06:40 PM) *
Lol:D

I just think it sounds crap.
And it looks horrible.
can;t explain why.
It just is a bad guitar xD

I understand how some people are very subjective about looks on a guitar and can`t argue with that.

On the other hand, I don`t see the failure tonewise, and you can`t honestly say it`s a "bad guitar" just because you don`t like it. That is no way near fair wink.gif

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Jesse
Nov 13 2009, 10:09 PM
... the tone.. is rock hard fail.

Sorry.

I think its a bad guitar for ME.

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Nov 13 2009, 10:12 PM
Jazz Instructor
cool! smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Nov 13 2009, 10:56 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (newguyatgmc @ Nov 13 2009, 03:31 PM) *
Why dont people buy them. Is there any major diff between actual lespaul custom and this one. If yes what?

Seems very practical but it's just wrong mellow.gif I'm old school and I want to tune the guitar myself ...what's the world coming to? laugh.gif

QUOTE (Marc_Maiden @ Nov 13 2009, 06:22 PM) *
and on another note...how the heck is THAT ugly? i mean i know looks are subjective....but its a really beautiful violin quilt....i fail to see how that can be ugly...

The guitar looks great. The glowing knob and the diesel engine on the back of the head stock doesn't wink.gif

EDIT: A bridge humbucker and a neck P90 is just brilliant. Wish more guitars came with that combo!

QUOTE (jafomatic @ Nov 13 2009, 06:41 PM) *

That's a beauty! Probably a top notch guitar aswell. Never seen one here.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 13 2009, 10:57 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 13 2009, 09:51 PM) *
EDIT: A bridge humbucker and a neck P90 is just brilliant. Wish more guitars came with that combo!

Sure is, I built one a while back with that combo in it for someone! Sounded killer!!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Nov 13 2009, 11:49 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (MickeM @ Nov 13 2009, 10:56 PM) *

I think quite a lot of the Duesenbergs comes with that wink.gif

Great guitars, if I ever was to buy a LP-type guitar new, it would be a Duesenberg....or maybe an ESP

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 14 2009, 02:03 AM
Instructor
Hmm, it's definitely interesting, but come to think of it, I would rather have a guitar that can switch the pickups easily, then the guitar that can tune easily. A person can always tune a guitar easily, and I think the pickup replacement part would be a real treat not this. They are shooting at the wrong target.

BTW, for 3000$, I would get PRS, Custom Shop Strat, or LP Custom - not a guitar that can tune by itself.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
DakotaBleu
Nov 14 2009, 03:21 AM
Cool Guitar!

But personally I see these "robot" guitars as a gimic, are people so lazy they wont even tune their own guitars nowadays? tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:50 PM