Emir Hot
post Dec 1 2009, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.490

Hi Braer

Please write a short info about your current playing abilities, prefered styles and post some recordings or a video.
I am looking forward to this and I hope that you will learn many useful things throughout this program.

All the best
Emir

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
braer1
post Dec 3 2009, 05:07 PM
Post #2

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 7.417

Hey emir. Im glad to be able to join the MPT now smile.gif

So a littel about myself: Im 16 years old, and im from norway. I have been playing guitar for about one year.
In this MPT i want to learn Neo-Classical stuff(Yngwie style) I also would like to learn some tricks in PG and Lynch style, Improvising and A LITTLE about modes smile.gif Here is a vid of me playing my improvised paranoid solo(Verrrrrry sloppy):
I mean REAAAAAAAAALLLLLLY sloppy, i recorded it in a hurry so it could have been better:)

ill see if i can post a video of some technical stuff later smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Dec 3 2009, 06:25 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Ok man, that's not so bad. You have some good control for certain things.

Let's have a go with major scale patterns. This stuff is essential if you want to understand what you're doing on the guitar neck. Some other guys are doing it as well so you can check their threads and see how they're doing with the same thing. I am copying the text that I've given to many other guys.

This is the chart and the video from Dexxter's MTP thread. Here I am explaining the first 3 positions of the chart and you can figure out the other two. Later we will make a good use of these patterns.

This is how Dexxter did it. He made a drum loop and played over it. It would be nice if you can do the same.

So this is your first assignment and I will open the new assignment thread where you can post your final work. Keep this one for disscussion and practicing.

Don't forget that you need to submit your REC take once a month. I suggest that we go for my Neoclassical solo for beginners. That's a great one for vibrato which I can see is your weak point. Everytime you learn a part post it here so I can correct you whenever you go wrong.

See ya smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
braer1
post Dec 3 2009, 07:16 PM
Post #4

ok, im on it smile.gif just 1 question, When i have played the first shape, havet fret should the next shape start on?

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Dec 3 2009, 07:22 PM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (braer1 @ Dec 3 2009, 06:16 PM) *
ok, im on it smile.gif just 1 question, When i have played the first shape, havet fret should the next shape start on?

Yes, all 5 shapes in one go in tempo. Exactly like Dexxter did on the video. When you go back don't play the last note so you can stay in 4/4 rhythm.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
braer1
post Dec 3 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #6

BTW, i dont know how i can get the drums since i dont have anny speakers, only headset.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Dec 3 2009, 08:13 PM
Post #7

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (braer1 @ Dec 3 2009, 06:33 PM) *
BTW, i dont know how i can get the drums since i dont have anny speakers, only headset.

Do you use any recording software like Reaper, Cubase, Sonar ... any?

You can easily program one bar of drums in midi and make a loop out of that. If you don't use anything for the recording then we're almost in trouble smile.gif Well not completely but we'll need to either change the concept or you can start using it. You can do it with headphones as well smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
braer1
post Dec 3 2009, 08:18 PM
Post #8

ok:) i dont use anny software when recording.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Dec 3 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #9

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (braer1 @ Dec 3 2009, 07:18 PM) *
ok:) i dont use anny software when recording.

Why don't you download Reaper? It's free for 30 days. Check it out and start learning it. You will need that thing everyday. Every modern guitarist should be able to record himself and produce some simple backing tracks for jamming. Try that and let me know if you get on with it. By the time you get familiar with the program you can just record a video with the metronome clicking.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
braer1
post Dec 3 2009, 09:04 PM
Post #10

ok

Is it possible i get somthing like Jakub`s mpt? like sweep or AP instead of the "Neoclassical solo for beginners". Here is a vid of what i got so far:

This post has been edited by braer1: Dec 3 2009, 09:55 PM

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Dec 3 2009, 10:21 PM
Post #11

Instructor
Group Icon

Thanks for the video. You are playing it in triplets. We need it in 8th notes. Set your tempo faster and play 8th notes (2 notes per beat). That way you will stay in 4/4 rhythm.

REC take can not be MTP exercise, that has to be GMC lesson. I suggested neoclassical thing because it is level 3 and also it will help you with the vibrato which is very weak in your left hand. If you want to pick different lesson for the REC take then feel free to pick anything. The deadline for that one is by the end of the month. These major scale shapes are for the weekly assignment which you should post on Sunday.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
braer1
post Dec 3 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #12

ah, ok. ill just stick to neoclassical for beginners then. shall i post all 5 boxes on till sunday?

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Dec 3 2009, 10:37 PM
Post #13

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (braer1 @ Dec 3 2009, 09:34 PM) *
ah, ok. ill just stick to neoclassical for beginners then. shall i post all 5 boxes on till sunday?

Yes please. Find your assignment thread on my MTP board and post it there. If you want to check your progress with me then post here what you've done so farbefore postong there so I can correct you if anything goes wrong.

Good luck smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
braer1
post Dec 5 2009, 05:14 PM
Post #14

Here is a video of neo classical for beginners, its without backing track so you can hear what i need to improve for the rec smile.gif

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Dec 5 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #15

Instructor
Group Icon

Thanks for the video. Great starting point. You got all the notes apart from one note. On 0:21 when you play F# (6th string, 2nd fret) - after that you have another slide to F# on the 5th string 9th fret. You missed that one.

Now let's talk about some other things which I also told to Birthmark.

Vibrato should be played from the wrist not from the finger. In this particular case of a ballad feel you should vibrate in 8th notes feel and that needs to be consistent throughout the whole take whenever you have a long note. Turn your metronome on and play along. The tempo for this one is 100bpm. I suppose you have Guitar Pro program. You can turn on the metronome in the program and hear how the notes are played with the click. That's exactly how you should sound. When you get it all in the right timing then you try to play over the backing track. I hope you don't have problems to understand me when speaking about timing. If you want I can do a video of myself explaining the whole thing slowly.

Good start anyway.

edit: typo

This post has been edited by Emir Hot: Dec 5 2009, 05:51 PM

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
braer1
post Dec 6 2009, 12:01 AM
Post #16

if you could do a explaned vid of vibrato that would be great biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
braer1
post Dec 6 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #17

now that i know the boxes, can you explain how i learn the modes smile.gif ?

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Dec 6 2009, 01:12 PM
Post #18

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (braer1 @ Dec 6 2009, 09:48 AM) *
now that i know the boxes, can you explain how i learn the modes smile.gif ?

We'll get there smile.gif We need to go step by step. You already know all 7 modes without realizing it smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
braer1
post Dec 6 2009, 02:29 PM
Post #19

nice smile.gif how was the new take i have uploaded?

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Dec 6 2009, 03:25 PM
Post #20

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (braer1 @ Dec 6 2009, 01:29 PM) *
nice smile.gif how was the new take i have uploaded?

I'll check it out. I am now doing the explaination video for Neoclassical Solo. Check the new thread here in 5 min about that one.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th January 2017 - 12:04 AM