> Boson Mtp, Guitar CV
post Dec 1 2009, 08:02 PM
Post #1

Learning Apprentice Player
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 5.981

Hi Pedja

Great to be part of your group. I guess at 49 I am going to be the old man of your group.

I first started playing guitar at age 19, and played for about 4 years. I never really progressed beyond strumming open chords. Career and family then came along and guitar kind of took a back seat. However there has always been an acoustic guitar in the corner of the room that I would pick up now and again and strum a few Beatles songs.

Lead guitar was always something of a mystery! I always wondered how do they know which notes to play.

I always wanted to make the fantastic sounds I heard players like Santana, Kossoff, Clapton, Peter Green, Brian May, Blackmore and so on make. I love all kinds of guitar music right from classical, flamenco, folk rock, blues etc etc.

Anyway two years ago I decided to concentrate less on my career, moved to Spain and this means that I have more time to learn to play properly.

So in September 2008 I bought a cheap electric guitar and set about learning properly. In the past year I have worked hard at my playing and aquired more guitars and gear!

Essentially in Sept 08 I was a beginner except that I could strum open chords my theory knowledge was zero.

Recently I have been working on learning the pentatonic scale and improving my speed I think I know the five boxes quite well and am beginning to learn how to link them more.

I work mainly in Am but again am getting more confident in moving to other scale positions. Bends are getting better but pulloffs are still difficult especially at speed.

I have found that with guitar I am a slow learner and it takes a lot of time to progress but this is speeding up as I get better.

I would like to learn more blues licks, techniques etc as this is at the heart of the music I like most. I 'm not interested in becoming a superfast shredder. I like melody.

Timing and phrasing need work

I am really commited to improve and play every chance I get. During the week my time is limited due to work but at weekends I can often play 5 or 6 hours a day.

Hope this gives you the information you need.

Cheers smile.gif

"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Dec 2 2009, 11:11 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.892

Tony thank you very much for this Guitar CV. I will put up your 1st assignment by tomorrow until then have a good rest wink.gif

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd October 2016 - 06:57 PM