> Mtp - Mhskeide, Guitar CV
mhskeide
post Dec 1 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #1

Experienced Tone Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.482

Hi Pedja

It`s great to finally join the MTP - program, I`ve always been missing the sign ups tongue.gif

Anyways, I`m writing this in a hurry between a lot of school work, so here goes :

I`ve played guitar for five years in January. I started out with a teacher immediately, and I`ve advanced through several student groups before I got a class all for my self, but that lasted only for 6 months. After that, he told me he had nothing more to teach me which would be value the money I paid.

Even though he didn`t have more to teach, doesn`t mean that I necessarily recognizes myself as a GOOD guitar player (even though my non- playing friends does). In a band where I play bass, I`m lucky enough to play with one of the best guitar players at my age in the city, so always when comparing myself to him, I come out bad (of natural reasons such as time spent with guitar etc.)

I think I master the pentatonic scale pretty decent, and I do know the modes, though I`m having a hard time using them all fluently while playing and making a solo sound like the mode it`s played out from.
Techniqual wise, my speed picking has lost some speed due to little training there the last months, but with a simple 1-2-3-4 I`m able to keep 1/16. notes in 170-180 bpm steady without further problem. I just started focusing on alternate picking about one year ago, have played mostly economic picking before without knowing it.
I love the sound of proper executed sweeps, and my current level is this with 3-string sweeps, and I`m at 90 bpm on Zsolt`s Becker-lesson regarding five-string sweeps.
About more complex tapping licks, I`m awful. That is because I`ve never, and I mean, NEVER, really practised it. The basic reason for that is that I have underestimated the difficult of that technique, and I`m eager to learn it.
I think my vibrato is OK, but that there`s room for improvements (which it ofc is on all areas smile.gif )

Music style: My favorite bands are Dream Theater (currently on the stereo cool.gif ), Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Opeth and Pink Floyd. But I listen to a wide variety of genres, and though I don`t listen to it too much, I also want to learn some jazz (believing that will improve my phrasing and musical understanding a bit).

Please tell me if I missed something, I just wrote whatever came to my head that I thought you wanted to know wink.gif

Looking forward to start biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Some epic qoute" - Epic dude
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Dec 2 2009, 11:23 PM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.892

Mhskeide you missed your name biggrin.gif

Very cool Guitar CV, I look forward working with you man. I will post your 1st assignment tomorrow!

P.S. Very nice playing on Youtube video, we will push that to another level I am sure smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mhskeide
post Dec 2 2009, 11:48 PM
Post #3

Experienced Tone Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.482

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Dec 2 2009, 11:23 PM) *
Mhskeide you missed your name biggrin.gif

Very cool Guitar CV, I look forward working with you man. I will post your 1st assignment tomorrow!

P.S. Very nice playing on Youtube video, we will push that to another level I am sure smile.gif

Haha, sorry, my bad !
Magnus H Skeide (MHSkeide wink.gif )

And I`m looking forward to it biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Some epic qoute" - Epic dude

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Dec 3 2009, 02:51 PM
Post #4

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.892

Assignment posted!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2017 - 09:32 PM