Pedja Simovic
post Jan 2 2010, 04:51 AM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.892

QUOTE (mhskeide @ Jan 2 2010, 12:20 AM) *
And a happy new year to you as wel Pedja! I have totally forgotten to say that to people when I meet them today, too tired after the night I guess smile.gif

I promise I`ll have it done within the weekend. I`m writing/trying out ideas now, so hopyfully I can be ready to record when arriving from work tomorrow biggrin.gif

Thank you Magnus smile.gif
I will close December thread and open one for January once you submit your Dorian solo. Doesn't have to be composed just make sure you use chord tones as much as possible !

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mhskeide
post Jan 3 2010, 03:11 PM
Post #22

Experienced Tone Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.482

Once again, sorry for delay, but here is finally a chord solo take smile.gif
It`s a bit mediocre, since it was recorded in a hurry. With that I mean some sloppy licks, and some bad notes, but I still find the assignment very helpful.
I sat down yesterday with some blank fretboard-diagrams and made a diagram with the notes in each chord in my backing, and when I tried to play exclusively chord notes, I came up with some real interesting ideas and sounds, so I will for sure try this one out when composing next time wink.gif
Now that December`s done, I will try to finish my assignments the day before deadline tongue.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  dorian_chord_solo.mp3 ( 2.37MB ) Number of downloads: 28

--------------------
"Some epic qoute" - Epic dude

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Jan 3 2010, 04:07 PM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.892

QUOTE (mhskeide @ Jan 3 2010, 03:11 PM) *
Once again, sorry for delay, but here is finally a chord solo take smile.gif
It`s a bit mediocre, since it was recorded in a hurry. With that I mean some sloppy licks, and some bad notes, but I still find the assignment very helpful.
I sat down yesterday with some blank fretboard-diagrams and made a diagram with the notes in each chord in my backing, and when I tried to play exclusively chord notes, I came up with some real interesting ideas and sounds, so I will for sure try this one out when composing next time wink.gif
Now that December`s done, I will try to finish my assignments the day before deadline tongue.gif

Thank you Magnus! This is exactly what I was looking. There were around 90% chord tones in the solo, some outside notes and scale approaches. Overall very nice solo and take. I will close this thread now and open a January one for you soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd October 2017 - 01:44 AM