> In The Style Of Stevie Ray Vaughn, Main Rhythm of Pride and Joy
Eric Vitola
post Dec 6 2009, 05:16 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 7.665

Ivan,
I was hoping you could help me out by doing a video lesson on how not to let the high stings ring out. For some reason I can not do this main rhythm shuffle for, "Pride and Joy". I have tried playing this song for years and failed, because the high strings ring out when I strum up and sounds horrible.

Thanks for your help,
Eric Vitola
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Dec 9 2009, 02:37 AM
Post #2

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

Have you checked my muting tutorial lesson here on GMC? It might clear some things up for you.

Let me know if you need some more help with this, we can also organize video chat session here on GMC to demonstrate to you techniques involved in playing this piece.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Eric Vitola
post Dec 14 2009, 09:55 PM
Post #3

GMC:er

Member No.: 7.665

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 8 2009, 09:37 PM) *
Have you checked my muting tutorial lesson here on GMC? It might clear some things up for you.

Let me know if you need some more help with this, we can also organize video chat session here on GMC to demonstrate to you techniques involved in playing this piece.

I just finished your muting tutorial.The lesson was great, however, with regard to the shuffle swing "Chuck-a-Chuck" sound with "Pride and Joy"it seems impossible. Could you do a lesson just focusing on establishing that authentic SRV with out letting the high strings ring out while trying to play the bass notes?
Thanks,
Eric Vitola

+Quote Post
intemperateContr...
post Dec 14 2009, 10:38 PM
Post #4

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 6.784

Did someone call for Ivan? I am Ivan Von Scott. ha! (jk) But I am the Scottman. Dude, I learned this song long ago.
Just try and hit the bottom 2 strings with your pick (right) and immediately mute them with your left (flatten fingers
on the string) and repeat. Hit and mute, hit and mute. Then, you implement the low E string (top) in-between this.
Top string down-stroke, bottom 2 strings upstroke - muting both in-between so as not to let one override the other.
That's it - a little different than palm muting - but you can use a little of both. Hope this helps... smile.gif

-Scott

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Dec 15 2009, 01:40 AM
Post #5

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

If you are interested, we can do a live video chat where I will explain to you how to play this piece. Just notify me when you have the time this week, and we can arrange the time.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th March 2017 - 05:56 AM