Mtp December Thread - Sonbardock
Luciana Segovia
Dec 7 2009, 03:41 AM
Singing Instructor
Hello Sonbardock! Welcome to the vocal MTP of december!!!

Please post here your CV:

tell me if you have ever sung, if you know something about vocal technique and please also post your influences and favorite music.

ps: if you have any video or audio of you singing... please post it too .

Thank you

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SonBardock
Dec 10 2009, 07:43 PM
GMC:er
Hello and thank you I'm doing great!

First off I would like to thank you for giving me this chance to improve my singing, the one thing I truly love to do and I would also like to congratulate the rest of you guys that is going to be a student with me! Wish you all the best of luck and Work hard! =D I know I shall!

First off, Both my parents have been singing in choir all my life so I was influenced from them at a young age something which had made me open to a whole lot of music now in my later youth.

Myself began in the childrens choir in young age but dropped out quickly because of the overuse of christianity in the choir and lack of difficulity, yes you read right. I was used to listen to my parents choir and you can imagine the difference to hear a full out choir of bass'es and tenors and all that to a childrens choir where half the kids just didn't sound good. no offence but seriously.

Sadly I gotta admit I know little to nothing about singing techniques XD I simply know a bit about pushing in my stomach muscles when I sing to get out more clear tones, other than that Nix & Nada!

Later on in my life I started growing interested in more heavy music where Iron Maiden really got the best of me. I love Bruce Dickinson, always have and always will! He's a god in singing! Oh and I also love Khan the vocal of Kamelot, And of course Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica! Gotta love him! I also like Dimmu Borgir simply because of his Raw sound! Other sounds I like is for example Alan Jackson! I like the sound of his voice... <3 Sting is also a good one, and so on and so on! I like to listen to lots of different music^^

I myself join the school band in junior high and was vocal together with this other dude XD he was kinda good but always chose songs that didn't fit him at all, me on the other hand got all the love songs and such, kinda ironic since I was hated by the female gender on school XD Nevertheless I got to sing and was happy.

Later on I got the chance to play with some bands around the town I live in but most were either too unserious or just didn't suit me at all.

Then I hooked up with a friend of mine, Pretty damn good at guitar and we formed Lucius Angels. The best time iv'e had in my life. You can search up some of the songs on youtube. Anyways I got "Suspended" Recently because they thought we had advanced in different directions and my voice didn't suit they're music anymore. That sucked... big time XD So now I'm trying myself here! To show someone out there that I indeed am a good vocal!

Thank You.

~SonBardock

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
If I could play like Muris, Sing like Kristofer and have the attitude of Lian then I would be the worlds best Rocker. Unfortunantly it seems I only have long fingers for help... ah! Guess you gotta start somewhere.

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Dec 10 2009, 11:02 PM
Singing Instructor
Hi Sonbardock!

Chris Evans put the names of vocal MTP on Monday, so i sent a PM because you doesn't appear. But it's a good news you are here now!

We have to work quicky...

well, you have experience in singing, but.. have you got any experience in vocal technique? Do you ever warm up your voice?. Cause if you don't... maybe you have a lot of bad habits. How can we know that? . I need a video or a mp3 of you singing. You can record any song. It will help me to give you your next assignment wink.gif .

But for now you can start with this: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/misc-less...inging-lesson1/ is warm up, of course.

Be careful, Im a girl so my pitch is an octave higher than you, ok? Always practice an octave lower than me.

When you do this exercise, you have to try to put down your Larynx, like when you suppress a yawn. Your mouth is close but everything inside is open.. right? That's the "M" I want in this exercise.

about practice: routine is good. I always prefer 10 minutes a day than an hour only one day.. ok?. practice this and if you can, i need to film yourself showing me your face and your neck. I have to see if your adam apple goes down while you are doing this exercise.
and try to post that video on friday or saturday...

If you have doubts, feel free to ask me EVERYTHING you want WHENEVER you want.

cheers! and good luck!

--------------------

+Quote Post
SonBardock
Dec 11 2009, 12:42 AM
I'll get on it as soon as I can, problem being I ain't getting myself a mic before the 15'nth

--------------------
If I could play like Muris, Sing like Kristofer and have the attitude of Lian then I would be the worlds best Rocker. Unfortunantly it seems I only have long fingers for help... ah! Guess you gotta start somewhere.

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Dec 19 2009, 06:32 PM
Singing Instructor
Hi SonBardock!

How is your trainning??

--------------------

+Quote Post
SonBardock
Dec 31 2009, 07:16 PM
Training hard though little free time because of the holidays, can't get a second alone with all my family around XD I'll upload my take as soon as i can! hopefully i'll get it up sometime in the next day or two

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:48 PM