2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Malmsteen Style Solo, its to fast
jstcrsn
Dec 10 2009, 02:45 PM
Learning Tone Master
is there any way you could record yourself playing this solo at the 97 speed backing so that i might be able to follow with you until i can figure out the timing if not still thanks for this lesson- it rohocks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 10 2009, 03:52 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 10 2009, 01:45 PM) *
is there any way you could record yourself playing this solo at the 97 speed backing so that i might be able to follow with you until i can figure out the timing if not still thanks for this lesson- it rohocks

Hm, I can try if I still remember smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 11 2009, 10:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Dec 10 2009, 03:52 PM) *
Hm, I can try if I still remember smile.gif

if you ever remember and can find time, please !!!!!!! let me know

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 12 2009, 04:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 11 2009, 09:53 PM) *
if you ever remember and can find time, please !!!!!!! let me know

Ok, I'll try but I can't promise when smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 13 2009, 03:37 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Dec 12 2009, 04:11 AM) *
Ok, I'll try but I can't promise when smile.gif

don"t put your valuable time into just yet. Kris said i can slow down with giutar pro-let me try to figure this out first. any help in that direction would be appriciated

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Dec 13 2009, 02:23 PM

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 17 2009, 06:19 PM
Instructor
Is this what you wanted? I rendered it 320x200 for smaller file size. I hope it's ok.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  malmsteen97bpm.mp4 ( 4.28MB ) Number of downloads: 242

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 18 2009, 02:04 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Dec 17 2009, 06:19 PM) *
Is this what you wanted? I rendered it 320x200 for smaller file size. I hope it's ok.

thank you thank you and of course thank you ,but my computer is asking me what type of file created it so it knows with what to open it

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 18 2009, 02:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 18 2009, 01:04 AM) *
thank you thank you and of course thank you ,but my computer is asking me what type of file created it so it knows with what to open it

Quick Time player works with this.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 18 2009, 03:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Dec 18 2009, 02:19 AM) *
Quick Time player works with this.

i don't have this. do you know of any downloads

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 18 2009, 03:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 18 2009, 02:35 AM) *
i don't have this. do you know of any downloads

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 18 2009, 02:08 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Dec 18 2009, 03:55 AM) *

thanks ,it works , now i can no longer have any excuses. by the way, you went above and beyond to help and i thank you
did i say thank you , grovel , grovel ,grovel

+Quote Post
Keep_Rocking
Dec 18 2009, 02:40 PM
Learning Roadie
I also enjoyed the video a lot! wink.gif
thanks.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 18 2009, 02:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
okay i've been practicing this since it started working and i can't stop, help me , and am now 20 min late for work . if you get me fired - o wait i'm the boss- well lets just say your lucky and once again, thank you and grovel

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 19 2009, 05:45 AM
Instructor
hahah, I am really happy if this helped you. To be honest, this stuff is sometimes more difficult to play slow. These runs are not designed to be played slow and they just don't sound right in slow tempo. This 97bpm is somehow on the border of being acceptable for the ear. Of course I am talking if you want to follow "in style" rule. Yngwie is not like Paul Gilbert or other shredders that play in perfect time. Every Gilbert's lick has a "correct" number of notes within the bar. Yngwie is just throwing stuff out of his sleeve without making any rhytmical sense in soloing but when those runs are played fast it all works together. You just have to feel it when to go mad and when to resolve the phrase. That's why it's sometimes very difficult to transcribe his stuff as nothing is perfectly aligned. When he starts a phrase, he doesn't know how he is going to finish it. Somewhere just before the next bar he makes that "instant resolution" and lands on the right note on the right beat to resolve the phrase. You just need to be experienced enough and feel it. This lesson is level 9 so I thought that guys that are already in "Malmsteen world" will figure that out without much explanation. I tried to keep it in some reasonable rhytmical sense so it's easier for GMC guys to understand his licks. That's not really the way how Yngwie is soloing. I have never heard him playing the same solo live exactly like on the album. All he does is just improvisation. Even he says it in every interview that he is never making solos before recording. He just records instant 3 or 4 takes (totally different one from another) and picks his favorite one for mixing.

Anyway, I am happy if this video helped you and I'd be even more happy to see this take on REC thread.

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 20 2009, 02:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Dec 19 2009, 05:45 AM) *
hahah, I am really happy if this helped you. To be honest, this stuff is sometimes more difficult to play slow. These runs are not designed to be played slow and they just don't sound right in slow tempo. This 97bpm is somehow on the border of being acceptable for the ear. Of course I am talking if you want to follow "in style" rule. Yngwie is not like Paul Gilbert or other shredders that play in perfect time. Every Gilbert's lick has a "correct" number of notes within the bar. Yngwie is just throwing stuff out of his sleeve without making any rhytmical sense in soloing but when those runs are played fast it all works together. You just have to feel it when to go mad and when to resolve the phrase. That's why it's sometimes very difficult to transcribe his stuff as nothing is perfectly aligned. When he starts a phrase, he doesn't know how he is going to finish it. Somewhere just before the next bar he makes that "instant resolution" and lands on the right note on the right beat to resolve the phrase. You just need to be experienced enough and feel it. This lesson is level 9 so I thought that guys that are already in "Malmsteen world" will figure that out without much explanation. I tried to keep it in some reasonable rhytmical sense so it's easier for GMC guys to understand his licks. That's not really the way how Yngwie is soloing. I have never heard him playing the same solo live exactly like on the album. All he does is just improvisation. Even he says it in every interview that he is never making solos before recording. He just records instant 3 or 4 takes (totally different one from another) and picks his favorite one for mixing.

Anyway, I am happy if this video helped you and I'd be even more happy to see this take on REC thread.

Cheers smile.gif

this is why it helped me.Ive struggled with A P forever ,some of my problem is when i practice with a metronome at 90 bpm or slower ,16ths,my pick dips in and out creating a lot of extra movement so when i speed up i can't seem to translate a smother picking that is required . the last few weeks i have done almost nothing but focusing on my pick , how an i holding it , what kind of pressure is where and what kind hurts. i have found that at 120 bpm 16 ths that my picking becomes smooth if i'am playing a single note, so , i play afew single note to try to get smooth and then try to translate that smoothness to the scale so i think this speed is a little fast for me right now but i can hear all the notes when i miss them so i am hopful i will be able to clean it up and if so as soon as i can record this is my first take, but until them i am going to dedicate something to you and the rest of the instructors that are always so helpful.
didn't know if you cuold do some sort of lesson with some scales and every video is you playing the passage at 5 bpm faster than the last ,of course the second video would then start us out at a slow pace.. what do you think?

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Dec 20 2009, 03:09 AM

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 22 2009, 04:20 AM
Instructor
That could be interesting idea for the lesson. I'll try something smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 27 2009, 03:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
so excited this morning. my earclearly heard the perfect trplet feel in your arp. and brain started to fit them together, still a ways to go , been wacthing some of your mtp and its helping as well . I might actually become a shedder. ya peace

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 27 2009, 04:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 27 2009, 02:30 PM) *
so excited this morning. my earclearly heard the perfect trplet feel in your arp. and brain started to fit them together, still a ways to go , been wacthing some of your mtp and its helping as well . I might actually become a shedder. ya peace

Cool man. Don't give up with that one.

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 9 2010, 05:59 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Dec 27 2009, 04:29 PM) *
Cool man. Don't give up with that one.

Don't know whaat to do
ever since that last reply i've suck Big time
was playing so good but ever since ,the metronome is at 80 -90 bpm , four click a beat and i can't keep up.
what the @##$ should I do

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jan 9 2010, 06:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 9 2010, 04:59 PM) *
Don't know whaat to do
ever since that last reply i've suck Big time
was playing so good but ever since ,the metronome is at 80 -90 bpm , four click a beat and i can't keep up.
what the @##$ should I do

Don't know man smile.gif It happens to me sometimes. Maybe take a break and try again when you feel better smile.gif

--------------------

www.emirhot.com

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:19 AM