Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Malmsteen Style Solo, its to fast
jstcrsn
post Jan 10 2010, 03:04 PM
Post #21

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.733

okay , don't know if you have ever read any of my alt picking thread but when my band broke up I put the guitar down for a few years and started learing piano. three years ago my wife gave me a metronome that i could play along at the piano and i came across a Gilbert video he made in th 80's , that how long i've been playing , but it reinspired me to acheive someting i've never been able alt pick. I'm playing now as fast i did back then ,and after three years . My bigest problem is playing outside the strings - down stroke on b string up stroke on e string, so i developed a three note per string 16 note phrases with my metronome set at a click every other note 80 - 90 bpm. thinking that two , three, four/four and six would all have to be played together it woul have to force me out of bad habits and my bad habits are since ican pick at shredder speed ,when i playing outside the string it woul not be perfect timing , it was just close enough to get by live, but i knew ,now i can't seem to get my mind out of that little pause as i skip strings, ive got to many things learned off this site ,but it is always the same thing when i get to the afore mentioned speed that is where it seems to be dead end as far as progressing
i've been stuck in this rut for way to long any suggestions besides learning how to spell
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Jan 27 2010, 06:05 PM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.490

Sorry for the late reply. I know what you're saying about outside picking. Sometimes I don't do it properly from a first go. I gues it's all about time and practicing. 3nps is a good concept but I always try to have another approach in case I need it for different kind of phrasing. Just don't give up smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Evil_Invader
post Mar 7 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #23

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.412

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jan 27 2010, 12:05 PM) *
Sorry for the late reply. I know what you're saying about outside picking. Sometimes I don't do it properly from a first go. I gues it's all about time and practicing. 3nps is a good concept but I always try to have another approach in case I need it for different kind of phrasing. Just don't give up smile.gif

Hello Emir!

I'd love to have the backing track at like 110-115 if possible. The gap between 100 and 130 is great for me. I can play 100 comfortably but 130 is a bit fast I must say.

That'd be fun to practice with the backing smile.gif

I more or less stopped practicing it because of that a big while ago. Thought many licks I often play now in improvisation or in my own solos.

Thanks for this killer lesson!

By the way, you love Testament? don't you? haha... I'd love to see you play In the style of Skolnick type of lesson!

--------------------
LIVE FOR STEEL - DIE FOR STEEL!!!

RIOTOR thrash/death metal hell

http://www.riotor.ca

http://www.myspace.com/riotor

Gear:

Ibanez S5470 sol
Bc Rich Warlock Nj

Framus Cobra v2
VHT Fatbottom p50e
Rocktron Xpression
Rocktron Midimate
DOD SR231 EQ
Boss NS-2

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
post Mar 10 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.490

QUOTE (Evil_Invader @ Mar 7 2010, 09:11 PM) *
Hello Emir!

I'd love to have the backing track at like 110-115 if possible. The gap between 100 and 130 is great for me. I can play 100 comfortably but 130 is a bit fast I must say.

That'd be fun to practice with the backing smile.gif

I more or less stopped practicing it because of that a big while ago. Thought many licks I often play now in improvisation or in my own solos.

Thanks for this killer lesson!

By the way, you love Testament? don't you? haha... I'd love to see you play In the style of Skolnick type of lesson!

Hi

Please send an email to me or leave your email address on PM. I'll send you the track. Also remind me about that tempo smile.gif I always forget things, sorry smile.gif

Testament is a great band but it was long ago since I last listened something from them

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2017 - 05:23 AM