Strange Sound In Ableton
Keilnoth
Dec 16 2009, 11:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I am not sure if my ears are tricking me so I ask in case you had the same problem already.

It seems that when I use a modulator (ReValver, Guitar Rig) in Ableton, my recording software, I have more noise while strumming my strings while muting them than when I use those modulators in standalone mode, I mean not as a VST.

It's like the Ableton output was a lot more sensible or augmented than the one of the modulator. Or perhaps it has something to do with the plug-ins configuration ?

Not sure how to explain as I am some kind of a n00b in recording.

Any idea ? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 20 2009, 04:16 AM
Instructor
You answered your question. Ableton is sending strong signal to simulator. Try lowering down the input signal on the audio track where you have the plugin.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Dec 23 2009, 02:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Very strange for me. I am nowhere in the red and I can lower the input in the plug-in itself.
Probably need some more fine tunning...

Would be so cool to have a global "Learn" button which setup all the input and output volumes on the computer. tongue.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:59 AM