4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Lovers At Gmc, Lets hear from you !!
Staffy
post Dec 31 2009, 04:47 PM
Post #41

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

Group: MVC
Member No.: 7.291

QUOTE (Hammerhead @ Dec 31 2009, 07:19 AM) *
I had to laugh out LOUD!!! I almost spit my coffee on my computer... I think we'll each need one of those Dalek coffee machines, I trust they can follow us around and serve us hot coffee. Now we are talking, and I'm happy to be president with Staffy, as long as he packs his rather long list of great guitar gear,and accessories along for the trips! biggrin.gif

And where ever we stay will need to have a pool and sauna...

Of course I will pack all my thing, otherwise we can have our first meeting here in my house since I already got a sauna and just need to build a pool. (but that can be arranged via our funds, or what do You say Ivan????) biggrin.gif

I am very flattered by the offer from Zen to be President, but I'm willingly giving it to Hammerhead. The reasons why is the following:

1. Im still in a lawsuit with WHO for intoxicating a whole village in the 70's with beer. (their words, not mine) As a president of the organisation "beer-lovers Camel smoking society", we tried to break a Guiness record but ended up in jail since some of the members hi-jacked some trailers in order to get the beer instead of buying it. Beeing president of this organistaion will make me look bad in the court....

2. We need a pretty face to front the organisation, I am far too ugly and can only be used in a commercial with what happens if You start smoking.....

3. We need someone who can behave in public. Since I have been thrown out of several bars/pubs throughout the years and even have been banned for a week in this forum, (for using bad words, which Im doing not anymore...) I would not be a good president.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
post Dec 31 2009, 05:01 PM
Post #42

GMC:er
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 6.517

QUOTE (Staffy @ Dec 29 2009, 11:17 PM) *
4. The music stores shall have free coffee for every visitor.

My friend Dave's shop used to have a Pot of Coffee permanently going!!
You could hardly move in the Shop on a Saturday with all the people in there just for the free Coffee!!!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Dec 31 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #43

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

I vote for Staffays proposition 4 in particular, because I spend a lot of time in the music stores trying out and testing gear, so it would be cool for them to serve coffee (instant will do, but microwave-made, machines make only mud). I mean it makes a lot of sense: it's a tough job testing all that gear, we gotta stay focused on many things: feel, sound, built quality, and all other important features. Then some calculations about the price and comparisons... boy, it's not easy. A cup of coffee would definitely help there.. cool.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
zen
post Jan 3 2010, 07:39 AM
Post #44

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.995

QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 1 2010, 02:47 AM) *
I am very flattered by the offer from Zen to be President, but I'm willingly giving it to Hammerhead. The reasons why is the following:

1. Im still in a lawsuit with WHO for intoxicating a whole village in the 70's with beer. (their words, not mine) As a president of the organisation "beer-lovers Camel smoking society", we tried to break a Guiness record but ended up in jail since some of the members hi-jacked some trailers in order to get the beer instead of buying it. Beeing president of this organistaion will make me look bad in the court....

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

2. We need a pretty face to front the organisation, I am far too ugly and can only be used in a commercial with what happens if You start smoking.....

I guess I'm out too then .. Noone likes to see a skinny balding metalhead fronting organisations ... or do they ? smile.gif

3. We need someone who can behave in public. Since I have been thrown out of several bars/pubs throughout the years and even have been banned for a week in this forum, (for using bad words, which Im doing not anymore...) I would not be a good president.

//Staffay

laugh.gif thanks for the heads up ... Infact, Im working on public speaking these days coz i suck at it and . to conquer man's most feared thing (also seems to be a requirement in my job) .. And hey , just coz i'm not the President, doesnt mean I cant be one of those founder/directors .. who sip their coffee and smile and nod at everything ... laugh.gif even if they have no #$% clue whats goin on around them. . -- in my case play a E5 power chord at everything and throw the horns in the air .. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jan 1 2010, 08:58 AM) *
I vote for Staffays proposition 4 in particular, because I spend a lot of time in the music stores trying out and testing gear, so it would be cool for them to serve coffee (instant will do, but microwave-made, machines make only mud). I mean it makes a lot of sense: it's a tough job testing all that gear, we gotta stay focused on many things: feel, sound, built quality, and all other important features. Then some calculations about the price and comparisons... boy, it's not easy. A cup of coffee would definitely help there.. cool.gif

I just came back from a music shop ... had to buy strings ... and forget bout coffee .. i was lucky to get strings i wanted and any kind of customer service from them ... dnt knwow if it was me or my arch enemy t-shirt that repelled them.. laugh.gif ... I might even pay a buck xtra if coffee was accessible with a friendly staff .... OH and did I mention that all the good guitars had a BIG sticker on em .. saying "STOP .... ASK STAFF FOR ASSISTANCE"" ... such a sticker on such a beautiful thing was such a buzzkill ...

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Staffy
post Jan 3 2010, 09:09 AM
Post #45

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (zen @ Jan 3 2010, 07:39 AM) *
I guess I'm out too then .. Noone likes to see a skinny balding metalhead fronting organisations ... or do they ? smile.gif

laugh.gif thanks for the heads up ... Infact, Im working on public speaking these days coz i suck at it and . to conquer man's most feared thing (also seems to be a requirement in my job) .. And hey , just coz i'm not the President, doesnt mean I cant be one of those founder/directors .. who sip their coffee and smile and nod at everything ... laugh.gif even if they have no #$% clue whats goin on around them. . -- in my case play a E5 power chord at everything and throw the horns in the air .. laugh.gif

I just came back from a music shop ... had to buy strings ... and forget bout coffee .. i was lucky to get strings i wanted and any kind of customer service from them ... dnt knwow if it was me or my arch enemy t-shirt that repelled them.. laugh.gif ... I might even pay a buck xtra if coffee was accessible with a friendly staff .... OH and did I mention that all the good guitars had a BIG sticker on em .. saying "STOP .... ASK STAFF FOR ASSISTANCE"" ... such a sticker on such a beautiful thing was such a buzzkill ...

You sure have some good qualifications for a presidentship Zen, looks like we are going to have a poll between You and Hammerhead. Who said bald-headed metal-heads was negative? Just because people dont wanna see a face full of hair with a russian hat on top, doesn't mean that.... And I sure like the "I knooooow naaaaaathing" -attitude (like Manuel in Fawlty Towers), thats exactly what we need when its time to pay the taxes.

Yeah, the people in music stores really need some teaching in how to behave, I think that is also because of the fact that they don't drink enough coffee.... But also, they have a tough job - selling 10-15 E-strings a day can make anyone crazy.... Btw. I asked one of the local dealers the other day about some E-strings and he replied: " We dont have any". And I asked: "Why, have people stopped to break E-Strings?". He said: "Nah, but we got tired of selling them, so You have to buy a whole package instead...." laugh.gif See what I Mean??

When I grew up, thewre was no "ASK FOR ASSISTANCE" -signs, they just hanged the guitars up in the roof so noone can get their hands on them, but there was just one or maybe two Gibsons and one Fender anyway..... the rest was just garbage. My first guitar was a japanese SIGMA that was terrible, but it was better than my mates - he had a Duke, that was just impossible to play anything decent on, or to tune. Now they have like 10-15 LP's and a whole bunch of Strats, other brands and god knows what. But as a friend of mine working at a dealer said, the Assistance sign is not for scare people off - its for protecting the guitar, otherwise people will steal the knobs, other parts etc. Sad but true....

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
post Jan 3 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 4.835

I have to agree with staffy..." sure have some good qualifications for a presidentship Zen, looks like we are going to have a poll between You and Hammerhead. Who said bald-headed metal-heads was negative? Just because people dont wanna see a face full of hair with a russian hat on top, doesn't mean that.... And I sure like the "I knooooow naaaaaathing" -attitude (like Manuel in Fawlty Towers), thats exactly what we need when its time to pay the taxes." And sounds just like you know what to do in important situations..."in my case play a E5 power chord at everything and throw the horns in the air .. laugh.gif

ANd Staffy... you are a madman!!! no doubt about it, this Lobby needs a leader with .... well you know (even if they are shaved ohmy.gif huh.gif ) {For those who don't know read the what could go wrong thread by Staffy (a must read!)}

What we have are many qualified musicians so what we really need is a Ministry or Cabinet or wait... I know ... A Council . Yep we could build a round table (think King Aurthur), with one of those fancy Dalek Coffeee mahines in the center.

OK We will become the "Shred Coffee Council" and our platform will be:
"Play guitar faster now...Drink Coffee!"
Ok where is BOndy? He does the posters right... Someone get him on the horn ASAP we'll need 500 posters, we also need 40 Lbs. of Coffee, & 10 kegs of ale and a Bar-b-que and meat... delivered to Staffy's house (for the first week long mtg.) ohhhh yeah and send all bills to Kristofer @ GMC, I'm sure it's not a problem wink.gif

Staffy do you have room at your house for a very big round table? We can build the pool...

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
post Jan 3 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #47

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 7.694

nice GMC funny added based on this topic tongue.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Staffy
post Jan 3 2010, 09:44 PM
Post #48

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Hammerhead @ Jan 3 2010, 05:34 PM) *
What we have are many qualified musicians so what we really need is a Ministry or Cabinet or wait... I know ... A Council . Yep we could build a round table (think King Aurthur), with one of those fancy Dalek Coffeee mahines in the center.

OK We will become the "Shred Coffee Council" and our platform will be:
"Play guitar faster now...Drink Coffee!"
Ok where is BOndy? He does the posters right... Someone get him on the horn ASAP we'll need 500 posters, we also need 40 Lbs. of Coffee, & 10 kegs of ale and a Bar-b-que and meat... delivered to Staffy's house (for the first week long mtg.) ohhhh yeah and send all bills to Kristofer @ GMC, I'm sure it's not a problem wink.gif

Staffy do you have room at your house for a very big round table? We can build the pool...

I agree 110% to this! Especially the billing, Im sure that Ivan - our financial responsible agrees to that too.
Sure I got room for a table, I've got some 250 m2 here, and a pretty large outside area where we can build the pool.......(we have to cut some trees first, though) And we do not have to worry bout the neighbours since I'm a member of the local culture council and this is highly regarded as "cultural" in my belief!!!!

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
post Jan 4 2010, 05:11 AM
Post #49

Are those tress mahogany or ash... maybe flamed maple?? cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
intemperateContr...
post Jan 4 2010, 06:51 AM
Post #50

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 6.784

As a self proclaimed advisory (and finger pointer) of this prestigious council, I must also agree to all
but with the following amendments. The table should be shaped like a guitar, with mini thrones for the
higher ranks around the table, but tiny stools stretched along the outermost walls for mere subjects of
the court. Ranking members will wear Russian hats during meetings while mere subjects (and decaf drinkers)
shall wear helicopter caps with working blades - batteries a must. This works three fold, it will help
to circulate the air, blow out the smoke, and keep the room cool. After all, BBQ's can certainly cause
a-lot of smoke, and smoke can certainly cause a-lot of eating. Now, the pool should be shaped like a
large full-stack with lots of lights below and slides with multiple diving platforms - we can use those
trees! Aside of that, megaphones for all! bikini clad groupie girls for entertainment around the pool
area! and GMC instructor provided live entertainment at every meeting. As chief advisory and finger
pointer of this council (but can you guess which finger?), I hereby conclude my recommendations. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
post Jan 4 2010, 08:55 AM
Post #51

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (Hammerhead @ Jan 4 2010, 05:11 AM) *
Are those tress mahogany or ash... maybe flamed maple?? cool.gif

laugh.gif Nah, that lucky we're not.... They are just simple pine....
But I have like some 10-15 really BIG ones, so we dont have to freeze in the wintertime when sitting by the pool (if we cut them down).
Also, I will say that it could be a good idea to plant some maple (or we can go to the woods nearby and just cut some down in the middle of the night, but we have to saw manually, otherwise will the land owner go mad if he recognizes us.....)

This post has been edited by Staffy: Jan 4 2010, 08:59 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
post Jan 4 2010, 09:23 AM
Post #52

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (intemperateControl @ Jan 4 2010, 06:51 AM) *
As a self proclaimed advisory (and finger pointer) of this prestigious council, I must also agree to all
but with the following amendments. The table should be shaped like a guitar, with mini thrones for the
higher ranks around the table, but tiny stools stretched along the outermost walls for mere subjects of
the court. Ranking members will wear Russian hats during meetings while mere subjects (and decaf drinkers)
shall wear helicopter caps with working blades - batteries a must. This works three fold, it will help
to circulate the air, blow out the smoke, and keep the room cool. After all, BBQ's can certainly cause
a-lot of smoke, and smoke can certainly cause a-lot of eating. Now, the pool should be shaped like a
large full-stack with lots of lights below and slides with multiple diving platforms - we can use those
trees! Aside of that, megaphones for all! bikini clad groupie girls for entertainment around the pool
area! and GMC instructor provided live entertainment at every meeting. As chief advisory and finger
pointer of this council (but can you guess which finger?), I hereby conclude my recommendations. tongue.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif This post will definitely qualify for a russian hat!!! tongue.gif I especially liked the part bout the megaphones and the GMC instructor, I think Kris will like to play us some soft Swedish music (by bands like The Vikings, Larz-Kristerz etc.) or maybe Emir can do a cover of "Born to be wild"... laugh.gif (referring to another thread....)
We must also find a Chinese manufactor that can make us these propeller-blades for a fair price. I suggest that Mr.Milenkovic shall take the first available flight to China in order to find that out. (and at the same time he can bring some replacement tubes for all Fender's & Marshalls since the originals are made there nowadays anyway....) I will also suggest that the GMC Instructors/Performers shall wear hula-hula skirts and play at least some 3-400 16-note triplets in every song.

//Staffay

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
intemperateContr...
post Jan 6 2010, 06:21 AM
Post #53

Learning Tone Master

Member No.: 6.784

QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 4 2010, 02:23 AM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif This post will definitely qualify for a russian hat!!! tongue.gif I especially liked the part bout the megaphones and the GMC instructor, I think Kris will like to play us some soft Swedish music (by bands like The Vikings, Larz-Kristerz etc.) or maybe Emir can do a cover of "Born to be wild"... laugh.gif (referring to another thread....)
We must also find a Chinese manufactor that can make us these propeller-blades for a fair price. I suggest that Mr.Milenkovic shall take the first available flight to China in order to find that out. (and at the same time he can bring some replacement tubes for all Fender's & Marshalls since the originals are made there nowadays anyway....) I will also suggest that the GMC Instructors/Performers shall wear hula-hula skirts and play at least some 3-400 16-note triplets in every song.

//Staffay

//Staffay

I will be happy to accept this Russian style hat, which I hereby dub RuSStaffy
head gear for senior members. I will be updating my profile pic asap. wink.gif

QUOTE (VictorUK @ Jan 4 2010, 07:21 AM) *
Im on it cool.gif

oh wait.. where we talking about coffee

You're absolutely right, and all things do revolve around coffee. From late night
jams to early morning hangovers, to keeping the edge on at work. And, even those
who choose to avoid coffee must also take notice, because these brave souls are
they who must put up with the rest of us, or die! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
post Jan 6 2010, 07:01 AM
Post #54

yes yes to Hula skirts and don't forget the Coconut Shell tops!!!! Wahooo, now we are talking... I can see it already... huh.gif wait now I can't go to sleep dry.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
zen
post Jan 6 2010, 09:13 AM
Post #55

Learning Tone Seeker

QUOTE (Staffy @ Jan 3 2010, 07:09 PM) *
Yeah, the people in music stores really need some teaching in how to behave, I think that is also because of the fact that they don't drink enough coffee.... But also, they have a tough job - selling 10-15 E-strings a day can make anyone crazy.... Btw. I asked one of the local dealers the other day about some E-strings and he replied: " We dont have any". And I asked: "Why, have people stopped to break E-Strings?". He said: "Nah, but we got tired of selling them, so You have to buy a whole package instead...." laugh.gif See what I Mean??

laugh.gif Actually I broke my E string only .. Next time, I'm gonna ask them the same question ... just for kicks ...

QUOTE (Staffy)
When I grew up, thewre was no "ASK FOR ASSISTANCE" -signs, they just hanged the guitars up in the roof so noone can get their hands on them, but there was just one or maybe two Gibsons and one Fender anyway..... the rest was just garbage. My first guitar was a japanese SIGMA that was terrible, but it was better than my mates - he had a Duke, that was just impossible to play anything decent on, or to tune. Now they have like 10-15 LP's and a whole bunch of Strats, other brands and god knows what. But as a friend of mine working at a dealer said, the Assistance sign is not for scare people off - its for protecting the guitar, otherwise people will steal the knobs, other parts etc. Sad but true....

//Staffay

Thanks for that great info.. I think they are still racked up high in most shops (atleast here) and some of em are on the 'ground floor' laugh.gif for minions to touch and test freely .. But i understand their concerns with it completely .. Maybe it was just this shop which was really bad.. especially in terms of customer service .. I was after some oil or something to maintain my fretboard wood n frets and I was handed a guitar body polish huh.gif .. Eventually i pickedu up the right product myself .. Maybe it was my accent laugh.gif but the overall trip to this store was quite amusing.

QUOTE (Staffy)
And we do not have to worry bout the neighbours since I'm a member of the local culture council and this is highly regarded as "cultural" in my belief!!!!

haha .. thats a very good thing.. Coz we want someone to make us look good and sane in public ... laugh.gif

QUOTE (intemperateControl)
pointer of this council (but can you guess which finger?), I hereby conclude my recommendations.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif !@#$ hilarious.. helicopter caps with working blades ... hahhahhahhaha ... I like how you think mate .. We are all thankful to you for your awesome recommendations

QUOTE (VictorUK)
Lol i actually made a table shaped like a guitar in high school but i forgot to take it home laugh.gif

sad.gif Forgot? Such a cool thing? I would've left the girlfriend and brought the table home .. hahha

QUOTE (Hammerhead)
yes yes to Hula skirts and don't forget the Coconut Shell tops!!!! Wahooo, now we are talking... I can see it already... huh.gif wait now I can't go to sleep dry.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Ya man, GMC instructors dancing in hula skirts & coconut shell tops is ONE dream that NOONE wants to experience.. hahhahah

Oh and Russian hats would be awesome to hide my receding hairline .. it would also make me look more refined and intelligent. So everyone is a winner laugh.gif laugh.gif ...

We got coffee, guitars, music, pool, women, drinks, meat, bbq ... I think I can get used to this rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
audiopaal
post Jan 6 2010, 09:18 AM
Post #56

Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 4.276

*Enjoying a cup of pure blackness*

Cheers guys biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
zen
post Jan 6 2010, 09:22 AM
Post #57

Learning Tone Seeker

smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
zen
post Jan 23 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #58

Learning Tone Seeker

It scares me to the bone when caffeine lovers go quiet .. laugh.gif laugh.gif
You can be upto "No good" if you're not buzzin with energy tongue.gif

Here's an idea

Attached Image

And whats the deal with this "Nespressso" machine I keep hearing about? huh.gif

This post has been edited by zen: Jan 23 2010, 01:10 PM

--------------------

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
thefireball
post Aug 12 2010, 08:37 PM
Post #59

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 9.801

This is funny! One morning I drank two cups of coffee and it set me wild! I was talking 190mph! I was hyper! My mom was like - That's the last time you drink two cups! laugh.gif So I limit myself to one cup of coffee a day - in the morning when I get up. It helps me wake up.

For those of you who haven't seen the newest topic on coffee, check out this one I made where you can customize your own coffee.
Poll included. (It was Staffy who directed me to this topic right here, started by Zen). biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
post Aug 12 2010, 09:15 PM
Post #60

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

Since our financial represantative Mr.Milenkovic have been remarkable quiet in this thread in the past time, im suspicious that he migh have taken all our finances and spent them on some local mud instead of going to China to cut a deal on some heavy-duty coffeee-machines.
Therefore I suggest a serious embargo against all pentatonic scales in Ivans lessons, and suggest that we play some altered dominant instead. (which will for sure drive him nuts)

Latest news on the coffee-market is also that our brother Daniel is supposed to move to London, which is happy news for us Europeans.
As we know You cannot enter the European Union from a country outside without some bribes, so I have sent a representative (the squirrel in my back-yard in fact) to Bruxelles to make sure that Mr.Realpe cannot enter Heatrow without some heavy load of high-class Colombian beans.

On the behalf of our proud organisation:

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2017 - 12:18 PM