Pedja Simovic
post Jan 29 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.892

QUOTE (JVM @ Jan 29 2010, 08:51 PM) *
Hey Pedja, I think I've gotten it working again. I'm not sure what it was. There are still occasional audio dropouts, but only every few takes usually. I have not done the assignment yet, but I have a recording I'd like you to hear anyway. It came about as I was testing the setup again to see if I could record. It features my electro harmonix memory man utilizing the backwards delay (or really, a reversed loop). This also the first time I've tried using harmonized lines. I kind of like it smile.gif I will complete the assignment later tonight or tomorrow.

[attachment=20038:aminharmony.mp3]

Hey JVM,

This sounds great man! I have heard various artist use this reverse loop feature and it can sound magical at times. I think you should use this as special effect nothing more if you plan on doing album. It gets a bit boring to listen if you have it on every single track. That is why I prefer it as element of surprise and emotional trigger more than anything else.
Look forward to your assignment take!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Jan 31 2010, 08:50 PM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

JVM deadline for assignment was today. Try to get it to me asap so that we can open a new thread for February and get going.

--------------------

+Quote Post
JVM
post Feb 2 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #23

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.984

Pedja, I'm really sorry I'm late. I should have finished this before the weekend. I got snowed in at my girlfriends house all weekend and only managed to get back home today. I chose E minor to be phrygian sounding, which gives me D, E and A pentatonics to work with. For some reason D sounded awful, so I mostly used A minor with a little bit of E. Again, sorry I'm late, I will complete assignments early from now on smile.gif

Attached File  superimpose.mp3 ( 744.01K ) Number of downloads: 119

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Feb 4 2010, 02:56 AM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (JVM @ Feb 2 2010, 08:32 PM) *
Pedja, I'm really sorry I'm late. I should have finished this before the weekend. I got snowed in at my girlfriends house all weekend and only managed to get back home today. I chose E minor to be phrygian sounding, which gives me D, E and A pentatonics to work with. For some reason D sounded awful, so I mostly used A minor with a little bit of E. Again, sorry I'm late, I will complete assignments early from now on smile.gif

Attached File  superimpose.mp3 ( 744.01K ) Number of downloads: 119

JVM this sounds nice and definitely passes assignment. In future you will work more on bringing pentatonic sound vs scale sounding runs. I will close this thread now and open new one for you tomorrow!

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st July 2017 - 09:42 PM