post Jan 28 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.892

QUOTE (zen @ Jan 28 2010, 11:08 AM) *
Thanks man. smile.gif

Will F#min pentatonic (on B min) sound Dorian or Aeolian ?? since it's in both D major and A major scale.

By the way, I like this assignment so much that I've decided to do it properly with proper drumtrack, rhythm and about 2 min of solo that may just end up into my FIRST ever song smile.gif ...(wishful thinking).. So I have started laying down and composing the backing track. Don't worry, I'll have it posted before the deadline smile.gif .. i think I may have composed something that i cannot play laugh.gif (at the bpm i want to) .. But it will be a good learning curve. I am trying my best.

Sure thing man!

F# min pentatonic will sound both Dorian and Aeolian. Thing about that minor pentatonic is that it sounds sweet and mellow, brings out tensions 9 and 11 but it doesn't contain characteristic notes of the modes (13 for Dorian b13 for Aeolian). All these other notes are contained within the modes that is why it works.

I am very happy to hear about little project you made out of this assignment. I am sure it will bring a lot of joy and happiness when you finish it around. This assignment is really powerful, we won't stop here. I will keep working with you on more superimposing ideas so I am glad that you are already enjoying this one smile.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
zen
post Jan 30 2010, 09:08 AM
Post #22

Learning Tone Seeker

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.995

Hey Pedja .. Sorry man .. What I set out to do was really difficult in the given timeline .. i put in techniques that I'm not good at too , so i can practice them.. All in all i was not happy with the take but i know if i practice it enough, i will become better at it.. I had to put down the idea for now smile.gif .. so i dont forget it laugh.gif ... Struggled a lot with the tone and mixing it too ... so there's the learning curve too ..

Hope it's not a bad composition .. I might extend it more and will play it properly then.
Once again, sorry for the sloppy techniques sad.gif .. Hope i pass the assignment.

I primarily used F#min pentatonic but added some darker, unresolved notes to give it more tension and weird moods (just the way i like it) smile.gif .

This post has been edited by zen: Jan 30 2010, 11:00 AM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Jan 31 2010, 02:53 AM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (zen @ Jan 30 2010, 09:08 AM) *
Hey Pedja .. Sorry man .. What I set out to do was really difficult in the given timeline .. i put in techniques that I'm not good at too , so i can practice them.. All in all i was not happy with the take but i know if i practice it enough, i will become better at it.. I had to put down the idea for now smile.gif .. so i dont forget it laugh.gif ... Struggled a lot with the tone and mixing it too ... so there's the learning curve too ..

Hope it's not a bad composition .. I might extend it more and will play it properly then.
Once again, sorry for the sloppy techniques sad.gif .. Hope i pass the assignment.

I primarily used F#min pentatonic but added some darker, unresolved notes to give it more tension and weird moods (just the way i like it) smile.gif .

Zen this is very cool my friend. You took the idea and concept from assignment and went further with it. You basically created a piece and did things over it. Sounds very nice man. I like it. As far as assignment is concerned you definitely did everything I asked. I am just glad to see and hear you took initiative to go further from the regular assignment requirements, thank you!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
post Jan 31 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #24

Instructor
Group Icon

Zen great work with assignments for January. I will close this thread and open a new one for you tomorrow !

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th January 2017 - 11:14 AM