> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mtp January Thread - Purple Hayes
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 1 2010, 04:13 PM
Post #21

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

Great man! I find the alternate picking section very good! The Sweep picking part sound great too but I would suggest you a different picking movement for the first note. I think that the most effective way to play this arpeggios is starting with an upstroke in the high E string, then you have a pull off and then you continue with an upstroke in the B string followed by a down stroke in the G string.
This would be the picking for every position: (UP - Pull off - UP - DOWN - DOWN - DOWN)

Let me know when you have the REC take uploaded!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
purple hayes
post Feb 1 2010, 04:30 PM
Post #22

Ultimate Guitar Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 2.712

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 1 2010, 10:13 AM) *
Great man! I find the alternate picking section very good! The Sweep picking part sound great too but I would suggest you a different picking movement for the first note. I think that the most effective way to play this arpeggios is starting with an upstroke in the high E string, then you have a pull off and then you continue with an upstroke in the B string followed by a down stroke in the G string.
This would be the picking for every position: (UP - Pull off - UP - DOWN - DOWN - DOWN)

Let me know when you have the REC take uploaded!

I'll try changing up my sweeping motion. Thanks for the recommendation.

I posted the REC take almost a week ago it should be graded by now. Check the private REC forum for it.

Edited to add: not sure if I'll work the Yngwie lesson up to submitting it to the REC program. Right now, at full speed, it's beyond my abilities. That, and my pinky hurts from practicing that one so much.

This post has been edited by purple hayes: Feb 1 2010, 04:47 PM

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 1 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (purple hayes @ Feb 1 2010, 12:30 PM) *
I'll try changing up my sweeping motion. Thanks for the recommendation.

I posted the REC take almost a week ago it should be graded by now. Check the private REC forum for it.

Edited to add: not sure if I'll work the Yngwie lesson up to submitting it to the REC program. Right now, at full speed, it's beyond my abilities. That, and my pinky hurts from practicing that one so much.

yes, now I remember that you sent that take by PM! Thank you! smile.gif

MTP January - Purple Hayes: COMPLETED

4 assignments: done and passed
REC TAKE: LINK

Thanks for your hard work and congrats for passing the MTP! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 09:59 AM