2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Bad Has The Climate Changed In Your Region?
post Jan 12 2010, 02:49 AM
Post #21

Experienced Tone Seeker
Group Icon

Group: GMC Wiki:er
Member No.: 1.135

In Canada, we had the coldest place recorded, one night in late December. We went from -47C that night with a 30Km/h wind to +7C today. Our weather has been VERY wierd in the last few years. It is unheard of to have melting temperatures in January, as much as the cold snap we had was also unusual.

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
post Jan 12 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #22

Veteran Guitar Lord

Group: Members
Member No.: 7.127

In Katmandu, I m feeling the winter I had felt when I was a child. Its damn cold. Never has winter been so cold for last 10 years or so.

2012 is nearing.... wink.gif

Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
+Quote Post
post Jan 12 2010, 06:02 AM
Post #23

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 1.393

The weather here is different every year. Some years we get hammered with snow but not so much cold. The next year no snow but colder than what we expect, then the next year both. Same in the summer, hot one year then mild. It has always been that way here. I prefer hotter but that is just me. I probably would not like it so much but central air conditioning keeps me cool.

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Jan 11 2010, 09:33 AM) *
Minor point guys:

Climate is what happens over a long period of time - say 30 years or so.

Weather is what we get over a short period and usually local.

So to talk about the recent heat wave in Bogota or the cold snap in Sarajevo is weather, whilst the reported gradual increase in sea temperature since the early 60s is climate change. It's one reason why climatologists can still talk about global warming in the UK despite the awful winter they're having wink.gif .

Well put. But would those climatologists you speak of be the same ones from The University of East Anglia who like to hide the decline? The same ones who are responsible for scamming billions of dollars from more than one nation? They really have some nerve. They have been busted and yet they refuse to give up.

Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.
+Quote Post
post Jan 12 2010, 06:32 AM
Post #24

Learning Tone Seeker

Member No.: 3.995

It's summers here in Australia. The weather has been VERY hot here .. we had the hottest day in a long time yesterday .. temperature touching 43 degrees celcius. Great risk of bushfires, and the heat wave causes a a distruption to all public transport and other traffic too. Being outside is like walkin in an oven and being toasted and sunburnt.

Over here, Santa comes wearing singlet & shorts with some beers in his bag. smile.gif

Wont go to the topic of climate changes over the decade as it is certainly a very very scary thought. A thought that requires great respect and attention.

This post has been edited by zen: Jan 12 2010, 06:46 AM

"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2016 - 01:33 AM