How About A Paul Gilbert Style Lesson?
mattacuk
Mar 28 2007, 11:03 AM
Lets go fishing!
I would REALLY love to see one of our instructors do this! I think it would be great to learn about his 3 note per string style playing, as currently there are more pentatonic based lessons here at GMC. Although these lessons are awsome, I would really like to play in the style of Mr Gilbert too ! So what do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 28 2007, 10:36 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Mar 28 2007, 06:03 AM) *
I would REALLY love to see one of our instructors do this! I think it would be great to learn about his 3 note per string style playing, as currently there are more pentatonic based lessons here at GMC. Although these lessons are awsome, I would really like to play in the style of Mr Gilbert too ! So what do you think?

I 2nd that, and i 3rd it, 4th it, 5th it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 29 2007, 08:25 AM
Lets go fishing!
Thats Great !!! biggrin.gif What do you think Kris ???

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Mar 29 2007, 03:04 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Marcus
Mar 31 2007, 02:46 PM
GMC:er
Yeah that'd be really nice! He's one of my favourite guitarists smile.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 31 2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah I agree. If im correct the only paul gilbert thing we have is on freelicks and thats sacrified ( I think ? )

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 31 2007, 07:43 PM
GMC Founder
Yes I would like one - I suck to much to show his style though! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 31 2007, 08:18 PM
Lets go fishing!
haha, I dont belive that wink.gif maybe one of our other instructors? Haveing said that, I bought the shred special edition of Total Guitar and its packed full of lessons by Paul! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Apr 1 2007, 08:51 AM
I love Gilbert, but I say skip the 3 nps stuff and go right into the 4 note per string ideas that Shawn Lane, Rusty Cooley, Gonçalo Pereira, and very few other players use. Get the whole left hand working, none of this tapping stuff, just huge stretches. laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:02 AM