Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Witch One? Please Help!
andrei.sz
post Mar 28 2007, 07:37 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.410

i gott to buy my self some gear ...'cuose i'm practicing on an semi acoustic guitar now...

so i've managed to save some money and here is my big question, couse i have those options :

Vox AD50VT and Ibanez GRG270B

or

Vox Pathfinder 15R and Fender Roland Ready Stratocaster.

Witch one??? please help!!!

i'm a jimi hendrix, david gilmore, frusciante and Seatle grunge... fan.

thanks guys.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beebo
post Mar 28 2007, 08:41 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 970

Well don't get an expensive used guitar I learned the hard way. The guitar place sold me a $300 used guitar that had a broken floyd rose so If I were U just make sure u'r 150% sure the guitar is working correct and it feels comfortable to YOU!! But ur selection sounds good though biggrin.gif

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
wheeler
post Mar 28 2007, 11:49 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 1.391

Get whatever guitar feels and plays the best to you within your price range. But if you want to see what other people had to say about a particular guitar, look it up using the link below. Remember, these are just people's opinions.....if it sounds too good to be true, it's probably someone justifying their purchase by saying it's the greatest guitar ever made / "rooting for the home team".....if it sounds too bad to be true, it's probably someone who is a fan of the brand's competitor (e.g., if they say that a Stratocaster is the worst guitar ever, check their gear and you'll probably find a Les Paul)....if it sounds like a balanced evaluation (i.e. "here's what's good about it, here's what sucks"), pay attention, because those are the most honest reviews.

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/all/1

This post has been edited by wheeler: Mar 28 2007, 11:55 PM

+Quote Post
andrei.sz
post Mar 29 2007, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1.410

thank for your advices guys , i'm not verry sure yet , but i guess i'll go on the Fender.

Cheers

+Quote Post
wheeler
post Mar 29 2007, 06:18 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1.391

A Stratocaster is generally regarded as a good guitar for whatever you want to play...some regard it as the best. So it's a pretty reliable purchase. But "Roland Ready" means it has MIDI hardware on it, and you'll probably be paying extra for that....so if you're not planning on using your guitar to record MIDI, you might want to look into some other Stratocasters (if that's an option) and avoid paying more for an option that you won't use....if you're not familiar with MIDI, check out the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_Instr...gital_Interface

All that being said.....between those two, I'd take the Strat hands down, especially if you like Gilmour and Hendrix....both were primarily Strat players.

This post has been edited by wheeler: Mar 29 2007, 06:22 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Mar 29 2007, 06:27 PM
Post #6

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (wheeler @ Mar 29 2007, 01:18 PM) *
All that being said.....between those two, I'd take the Strat hands down, especially if you like Gilmour and Hendrix....both were primarily Strat players.

Very true - and if you want to sound like either of those you'll struggle to get the right tone if you go with a different guitar - won't make any difference to your learning pace, or technique to start with, but it just won't sound quite right if you are trying to get the exact sound of either.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Zee Deveel
post Mar 29 2007, 06:51 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 1.088

QUOTE (andrei.sz @ Mar 28 2007, 07:37 PM) *
i gott to buy my self some gear ...'cuose i'm practicing on an semi acoustic guitar now...

so i've managed to save some money and here is my big question, couse i have those options :

Vox AD50VT and Ibanez GRG270B

or

Vox Pathfinder 15R and Fender Roland Ready Stratocaster.

Witch one??? please help!!!

i'm a jimi hendrix, david gilmore, frusciante and Seatle grunge... fan.

thanks guys.

Every guitarist you named is a Fender Strat user, I'd recommend getting one of those!

--------------------
Guitars - Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Seymour Duncan JB), Schecter Omen 6 Extreme FR, Squier Affinity Strat, Yamaha F-301 Acoustic

Pedals - Line 6 Uber Metal, Line 6 Echo Park, Jim Dunlop GCB95 Cry Baby, MXR Phase 90, Boss NS-2, Digitech WH-4, Boss TR-2, Boss TU-2, Behringer 7 Band EQ

Amps - Marshall AV50 Head + Cab, Marshall AVT100 112, Line 6 Spider 112, Fender Frontman

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd March 2017 - 09:21 AM