2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Gmc Re-structuring, Lessons are jumping around...!
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 30 2007, 03:04 PM
GMC Founder
Hey there,

So we have been doing some restructuring of the lessons - creating new sections.

This may seem very confusing right now - but it is a necessary step in order to manage our growing lesson archive.

Please - if you see any broken links, link that go the wrong place, or anything that might seem strange to you - please report it to me. It is grately appreciated! smile.gif

Also, you might have noticed we have added Andrew's theory lessons - which he is adding at a quick rate! These lessons are great so I figured they deserverd a spot!

We will most likely split the sections up even more in the future as we grow...!

Kris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Mar 30 2007, 05:43 PM
Lets go fishing!
It makes much more sense now, easy to find what I want quicker! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Pavel
Mar 30 2007, 05:52 PM
Instructor
Yeah definitely a good move Kris! Nice job there!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 30 2007, 05:55 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Pavel @ Mar 30 2007, 12:52 PM) *
Yeah definitely a good move Kris! Nice job there!

And I may be biased, but I think the link to the theory lessons is particularly fine cool.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Nick334
Mar 30 2007, 06:05 PM
GMC:er
I think the site looks much better now and it is much easier to navigate around.

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 370 DX, Fender Strat Squier, Vintage Les Paul.
Amps: Vox AD 15 VT, Fender Frontman 15G
Effects: Hopefully a POD :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 30 2007, 06:32 PM
Instructor
Yes! I think that the new structure is better and easier to navigate!
Great job Kris!!

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 30 2007, 06:43 PM
GMC Founder
Judging from your reactions this was very needed! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
RodneyU
Mar 30 2007, 08:09 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Mar 30 2007, 01:43 PM) *
Judging from your reactions this was very needed! biggrin.gif

Damn Kris, you picked that thought right of my mind! I was just thinking of complaining errr... I mean suggesting a re-structing. wink.gif

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
Mar 31 2007, 05:30 AM
I checked the Clean Guitar section and there wasn't anything about cleaning my guitar. I demand a refund!

+Quote Post
Jazzie
Mar 31 2007, 07:32 AM
Kris -

The video layout looks more organized now! I also noticed the Guitar Pro tab with the newest lesson from Pavel: Here
Do you plan on adding Guitar Pro tabs to the earlier lessons?? It would really help when in comes down to visualy seeing and hearing as you play at the same time!!

l8ter
Jazzie

This post has been edited by Jazzie: Mar 31 2007, 07:33 AM

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Mar 31 2007, 11:21 AM
Yes, this looks much more structured and logical. The previous layout was a bit ... confusing smile.gif

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 31 2007, 12:52 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Jazzie @ Mar 31 2007, 08:32 AM) *
Kris -

The video layout looks more organized now! I also noticed the Guitar Pro tab with the newest lesson from Pavel: Here
Do you plan on adding Guitar Pro tabs to the earlier lessons?? It would really help when in comes down to visualy seeing and hearing as you play at the same time!!

l8ter
Jazzie

Yes I hope we will get that!

QUOTE (brainlesswonder @ Mar 31 2007, 06:30 AM) *
I checked the Clean Guitar section and there wasn't anything about cleaning my guitar. I demand a refund!

Haha biggrin.gif

I am trying to think of something fun to answer but I can't come up with anything...I'll be back! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 31 2007, 01:53 PM
QUOTE (brainlesswonder @ Mar 31 2007, 12:30 AM) *

Well you know what to do - post a "Guitar Cleaning 101" to the aspiring instructors board smile.gif

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 31 2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah Kris I was going to make a topic about how helpful this was until I found yours ! smile.gif I think this was a very important upgrade to the site and it makes it look more appealing to unregistered members.

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
Mar 31 2007, 04:44 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Mar 31 2007, 08:53 AM) *
Well you know what to do - post a "Guitar Cleaning 101" to the aspiring instructors board smile.gif

I made a lesson and people mocked me!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 31 2007, 06:29 PM
QUOTE (brainlesswonder @ Mar 31 2007, 11:44 AM) *

You're right - you can't help some people, I learned some good licks from that lesson too ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
chainsbroken
Apr 1 2007, 06:22 AM
I think it is great Kris. I just seen it today and I believe it will be alot easier to navagate

--------------------
Deano

+Quote Post
beebo
Apr 1 2007, 09:48 PM
I don't know for some reason I like the old Gmc better it was actually easier to me because I knew where everything was now it seems like there's too much

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
Apr 2 2007, 02:11 AM
Restructuring looks nice and easy to navigate.

The only errors/problems I have found so far as spelling typos (yeah, yeah..I know).
GMC is a first class website. The intructors can not only play guitar, but they can TEACH as well. The ability to teach is just as important as being able to play. With that said, since GMC is a first class site everything here should be polished and look professional. Including the spelling.

Here's what I have stumbled across so far.

Guitar Scales for beginners - realising should be REALIZING

Guitar Exercises
(Beginner and Beyond) - treshold should be THRESHOLD

Power Chords - complexe should be COMPLEX

Guitar Exercises for Beginners - intensily should be INTENSELY

Advanced Chords - mistery should be MYSTERY

Clean/Acosutic Lesson - acosutic should be ACOUSTIC

I know some people take offense to spelling corrections. My intent is not to offend. Just thought you'd like to know.

+Quote Post
crabman
Apr 2 2007, 03:09 AM
QUOTE (brainlesswonder @ Mar 31 2007, 08:44 AM) *

When you create lessons as advanced as this one you will encounter jealousy. Great job but its just to hard for me to start on.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:39 AM