> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mtp February Thread - Crazy_diamond
Crazy_Diamond
post Feb 20 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #21

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 956

Usually I use Logic or Garage Band to record things.. And my guitar goes in a Line6 GuitarPort wich I use with Pod Farm... I never taught about a problem of latency.. Is there a chance that it happens with my material.... As for the video it is recorded on a camera so it doesn't interfere with the speed of my computer.

Is there a way I could test my latency ???

Edit: Just move the Velvet Revolver style lesson in the REC

This post has been edited by Crazy_Diamond: Feb 20 2010, 07:44 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 20 2010, 08:13 PM
Post #22

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.289

QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Feb 20 2010, 03:38 PM) *
Usually I use Logic or Garage Band to record things.. And my guitar goes in a Line6 GuitarPort wich I use with Pod Farm... I never taught about a problem of latency.. Is there a chance that it happens with my material.... As for the video it is recorded on a camera so it doesn't interfere with the speed of my computer.

Is there a way I could test my latency ???

Edit: Just move the Velvet Revolver style lesson in the REC

I don't use those software but there should be a place where you can change the latency settings and where you'll notice what your current latency in milliseconds. This latency should be in 1 or at least 2 ms. Check this! You can download assio4all if you are having latency problems or you can make a thread in the forum to ask any other Guitar port users how to fix this. I'm not sure if this is the thing that makes you have timing problems but if you have latency you must fix it.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 21 2010, 07:13 PM
Post #23

Instructor
Group Icon

Assignment 3:
Hi Simon! In this new assignment we will work on a blues lesson where you'll find bluesy licks that must be added to your guitar vocabulary in order to make your playing more bluesy and even more "rocker". You know that a lot of the great rock stuff has its root in blues music so the idea of this assignment is to continue incorporating a rocker style to your playing. This lesson is a very old lesson that I recorded where the licks can be worked individually or as a complete solo.
In this assignment we will work on:
  • Phrasing
  • Bending
  • Vibrato
  • Pentatonic Minor uses
This is the link to the lesson: LESSON

Attached File  Backing_track_120_bps.mp3 ( 423.17K ) Number of downloads: 116

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
post Feb 21 2010, 08:30 PM
Post #24

Learning Rock Star

Niiiiccccceeeeee !!!!

Thanks you for this assignement Gab, It is a funny coincidence because I have try that lesson last thursday night... I had the blues so I took my guitar with a glass of whisky and I played some blues cool.gif .. I had learned all those licks but I hadn't put enough focus on the bend and on the timing....

I will work on that more seriously and I am going to try to post something as soon as I can....

I already found that lesson useful because it has helped me to understand how to incorporate the blue note to a lick.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
post Feb 23 2010, 04:04 AM
Post #25

Learning Rock Star

Here is my take for the assignement telle me what you think.....

Should I post it in the REC is it good enough ???

Thanks !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 23 2010, 04:17 AM
Post #26

Instructor
Group Icon

It's a good take! I'm amazed of the fact that your playing is improving from week to week! There are some tricky licks that you played perfectly and every bend is on pitch! However there are some things to comment. The first one and the most important is that the take has some timing problems at around 0:10. There are some licks out of tempo there. In the other sections the timing is perfect. In addition I also note that you could add more vibrato in this take. But that's all, I think that it's a good take and you could post it at the rec to have more opinions.

I'll be back in a while with your last assignment! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
post Feb 23 2010, 04:27 AM
Post #27

Learning Rock Star

Thanks for the quick reply man wink.gif

I have just moved the video to the REC if you want to rate it...

I'm waiting for the nex assignement...

See you around !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 23 2010, 04:29 AM
Post #28

Instructor
Group Icon

Assignment 4
This is a very special moment! We reached to our last assignment and I'm very proud! smile.gif I think that the best way to end this "mini course" will be rocking hard! I'll give you the Stone Lesson 2 to end this MTP in a funny way! This lesson will be really interesting to continue working on your rhythm abilities since that's something that we discovered that you must train.
This is not a difficult lesson but it has different parts and requires to be very concentrated. This time you¡ll have to use dropped D tuning. Don't forget to be pay attention to your timing and vibrato!

Assignment 4

Enjoy it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
post Feb 23 2010, 04:33 AM
Post #29

Learning Rock Star

Allright ... Thanks for the assignement man ....

I hope I can record it before leaving on vacation ... I will start working on it now...

Thanks for speeding up things for me before I leave

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
post Feb 24 2010, 04:38 AM
Post #30

Learning Rock Star

Here is my last assignement for our MTP program sad.gif

You were right I have a latency problem on my computer. I have been in the option but I don't really know how to set everything perfectly. I made different attempt on this lesson to make it sound great and I think it is not perfect but it is better then it was at the begining.

Thanks for your feedback. And do you think it is good enough to post in the REC ???

Before you lock this thread Gab they are a few things I want to tell you. First of all, I have repeated a few times but I continue, I have really enjoyed our MTP session together. You gave me some assignments that have really helped me reach a new stage in my guitar playing. And I am serious… Even though you may not always see it I have really improved in different aspect of my guitar playing. And I also find that you gave me some great feedback that have helped me progress.

Also, I want to tell you that I am very sad about the new rules of the MTP program… Since the new rules we unfortunately can not renew our MTP for another session. Seems like I have to take 3 months off the MTP. It is really sad because I really feel that I have progress during these 3 months. I hope we can continue the program together in the next round, or maybe if you don’t have to many students for March I can still join you. Anyway. These new rules are really sad.

I hope we will continue to talk together via the forum...

See you around mate !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Feb 26 2010, 06:32 PM
Post #31

Instructor
Group Icon

Hello Simon, let's start with the comments regarding the assignment. I must say that your playing is very precise in this take and that's something that didn't happen in your first entries. You really improved your timing in this last three months! Even more knowing that the latency isn't helping. Now it's time to make this sound more powerful. You could start playing stronger both hands (the picking & vibrato). This is one of the things that takes more time to achieve but it's what differences a professional heavy/rock player from a student guitar player. Check out SRV, Steve Vai, Zakk Wylde, and all those guitar players... they really make those guitars scream! Concentrate a lot on how you play the things once that you learned the exact notes and time values. I want to explain that this is a very good take but I think that it's time to set your sights in a new level. smile.gif

Ok man, I want to thank you for trusting in me and taking the time to learn every assignment and Rec lesson during this three months course. I'm very proud of you and I hope that we have a new MTP course soon! You can use my personal board to ask me whatever you need. Don't give up your practice,, keep on working hard every day! and keep me updated of your progress.

See you!

Gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
post Feb 28 2010, 08:24 AM
Post #32

Learning Rock Star

I am really but really please to read all your feedback Gab. I can't believe how much this MTP session has helped me to improve my guitar playing. Like I sayed a few times before you have allowed me to get out of a rut that I was stuck for about 4 years. Those assignements has really helped me and I think that it really shows in my last assignement. I was pretty proud of myself while I was listening to it.

I hope we can have another MTP session really soon because I feel that it as really changed my playing style. I am so happy that you told me that I should have another sight while playing. It really feels good it means that I am not the only one who notice that have improved. If you don't have too many students on the next session I hope we can continue wink.gif .

I will have another chat with you because I have driven all day and all night and I'm exhausted (now that's rock and roll).

Thanks for everything Gab...

Simon

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Mar 10 2010, 03:32 AM
Post #33

Instructor
Group Icon

Thanks again Simon for your compromise! See you in the next MTP period! smile.gif

MTP February COMPLETED

4 Assignments DONE & PASSED
REC TAKE: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=33805

Well done!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 03:14 AM