A Little Classical Guitar
JamesT
Feb 7 2010, 09:18 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
A little change of pace from my usual stuff...
I'm pretty sure this little etude is by Bach, but somehow I don't remember the name of it.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JamesT: Feb 7 2010, 09:45 PM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
methodseeker
Feb 7 2010, 09:53 PM
Learning Roadie
Nice tune! Thanks for sharing. You've got a strange treble buzz in parts, sounds a little bit like a sitar smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JamesT
Feb 7 2010, 10:16 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Yeah, the string buzz is kind of annoying isn't it.
It's either this very cheap guitar, or that the strings are at least 8 years old, or that my fingers aren't plucking the strings right. I'm going to do another take of this next week using my friends very nice classical to see what's going on. I'm thinking it might be also that my right hand is not perpendicular to the strings like I see with most classical players which contributes to the bad tone.

--------------------

+Quote Post
methodseeker
Feb 8 2010, 12:05 AM
Learning Roadie
You're a good player. You deserve to get a nice classical guitar. I'm sure your accountant will agree smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Feb 8 2010, 10:53 AM
GMC:er
Very nice. smile.gif

I love classical guitar music. You should get yourself a decent guitar for this kind of playing.

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 8 2010, 02:32 PM
Instructor
Sounds very good to me mate. Those treble strings sound like they are made of metal tho wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
JamesT
Feb 9 2010, 07:25 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Thanks guys.
Yeah, I was thinking of getting one of those nylon string classical with pickups someday. Not sure how they sound plugged in, or if they come close when recording to sounding like a regular nylon stringed acoustic. Right now, I kind of want to focus on electric for awhile though. Too much to practice, so little time. mellow.gif

This post has been edited by JamesT: Feb 9 2010, 07:26 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Feb 9 2010, 04:38 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Nicely played James! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Feb 9 2010, 08:00 PM
GMC:er
Nicely played James!!!!
biggrin.gif
QUOTE (JamesT @ Feb 9 2010, 06:25 AM) *
Thanks guys.
Yeah, I was thinking of getting one of those nylon string classical with pickups someday. Not sure how they sound plugged in, or if they come close when recording to sounding like a regular nylon stringed acoustic.

I have two. One is a Hutchins (Telecaster shaped) sounds fine plugged in but for a really great sound have a look at the thin bodied Gibson Chet Atkins model! They are incredibly good through an amp or PA!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Feb 9 2010, 10:48 PM
Instructor
nice playing man! like the violin line too! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 19 2010, 03:18 PM
Instructor
man, Bach's music is so perfect....

very good interpretation!

The sitar effect is kind of cool biggrin.gif

that microphone does a very good job with the acoustic guitar, what reference is it?

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:56 AM