Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Metronome, I need help
Leviathan
post Apr 1 2007, 07:17 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.435

The metronome is hard for me to get the 16th notes down and everything...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
post Apr 1 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #2

Lets go fishing!
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 1.001

Start very slow, even if its just 40 bpm. Now practice your 16th notes (4 notes per beat) evenly. Count, 1-2-3-4 BEEP , 1-2-3-4 BEEP. make sure your tone is clear and your in time. Worry about speed later, it comes naturally smile.gif Make sure you practice daily, you can go up a few bmp at a time when you feel ready!!! wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
bricktop
post Apr 1 2007, 06:05 PM
Post #3

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 210

QUOTE (mattacuk @ Apr 1 2007, 11:53 AM) *
Start very slow, even if its just 40 bpm. Now practice your 16th notes (4 notes per beat) evenly. Count, 1-2-3-4 BEEP , 1-2-3-4 BEEP. make sure your tone is clear and your in time. Worry about speed later, it comes naturally smile.gif Make sure you practice daily, you can go up a few bmp at a time when you feel ready!!! wink.gif

Yeah, just practice at a slow bpm, to get started. It's gonna suck, and the fact is it will take several months and probably a year or so to get fast, (I'm a realist), but the key is consistency. You can't practice 2 days a week here and there and expect a huge improvement. I use the metronome every other day to help increase my speed. But the best part is once you are fast, you never really lose it, sure you may get rusty if you don't play much, but muscle memory is an amazing thing. And yes just like weight training, we need rest or we could overtrain...

john

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 11:59 AM