Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Help With New Effects
jstcrsn
post Feb 23 2010, 11:30 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 4.733

i recently brought home an RP1000 and a BossGT10 to compare them with my band. i was just wondering if any of you guys had either of these and what you think . i can return 1 for a refund within 30 days--whichever one i don't like.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
post Feb 23 2010, 11:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6.124

i swear by my digitech rp1000....it sounds awesome and its extremely easy to use,

plus it works well in the front or back of an amp.

Right now i use it as a pre amp with a tube power amp and get amazing results with it!

cool thing about the rp1000 is that you can hook it up to the front and the back of the amp for a plethora of different sounds and features. the quality of the metal body is great, and direct pc recording is flawless

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
post Feb 23 2010, 11:45 PM
Post #3

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.341

I haven't tested them, but I have an advice that I can give you nevertheless. Try to compare the same models of amps, cabs, effects on both units to see what's better. Having two units to do A/B can be a bit slow process (since these units offer bunch of models), but try to focus on what you would use the most. Test on both bedroom volume and with amps. Listen to your ear - it will be the final judge. I advise you not to listen anybody's else advice, not because of they are wrong, but simply because preferences are so different.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
iamblackmo
post Feb 24 2010, 12:25 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 5.818

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 23 2010, 05:45 PM) *
I haven't tested them, but I have an advice that I can give you nevertheless. Try to compare the same models of amps, cabs, effects on both units to see what's better. Having two units to do A/B can be a bit slow process (since these units offer bunch of models), but try to focus on what you would use the most. Test on both bedroom volume and with amps. Listen to your ear - it will be the final judge. I advise you not to listen anybody's else advice, not because of they are wrong, but simply because preferences are so different.

+1

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Feb 26 2010, 01:29 AM
Post #5

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

Its really up to you to choose. I don't really know which one is better since I haven't used them (but both seem like good devices with similar features). Try out both on the same amp with a same guitar and see which one sounds/feels more interesting to you. Whichever you choose (which sounds better to you) - will be a great choice! wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th January 2017 - 08:05 AM