Speed Metal Collaboration, FINAL MIX AND COMMENTS
Daniel Realpe
Feb 27 2010, 03:42 PM
Instructor
Speed Metal Collaboration

Number of participants: 4

Attached File  Speed_metal_collab_FINAL_MIX.mp3 ( 4.18MB ) Number of downloads: 329

These are some comments on your takes guys, thanks for participating!

- Karl ss: 0:00 - 0:34

Nice harmony you did at the beginning! I think overall you created a speed metal solo that fits very well in the style. It’s very aggressive and loud!! The way it should be, biggrin.gif
I would take care of the bending of the strings and always get them in tune because sometimes I can feel it’s outside of the scale a bit. And also some other notes are outside of the scale. Make sure you justify them very well!! Do not use them indiscrimatedly.
The guitar patch you chose to record fits nicely with the backing track and stands out in the mix. Very well chosen.

- Marek Rojewski: 0:34 - 1:08

You start off with very speedy lick and then move on to a pentatonic part. These elements are widely used in speed metal so they fit very well here. The tapping lick stands out on its own because it slows down the tempo a bit, at least it gives that impression.

I think it’s very cool that you make use of many techniques and not just stick to one, I would encourage you to keep on doing this. Stick to the drums as much as possible, there are some parts where your timing sounds a little off.

Also, you could more risks when playing the solo and not only stay in one area of the guitar.
The patch you used to record sounds ok but I think it’s a little too dark for the backing track although it stands out on its own.

- Zen: 1:08 - 1:42

Nice melodic intro, very singable. The pentatonic part has a nice direction as well, two phrases easily differentiated. Nice bends.
In the last part where you used the tapping, I feel like you could’ve thought of the notes a little more as you moved up the neck and create more surprise or anticipation.

There’s a great quote one teacher once told me: “Emotion in music comes from surprise”

The guitar sounds very good. It has a nice crisp not too dark yet it stands out in the mix. The delay gives it a nice big solo feel.

- Daniel Realpe: 1:42 - End

My take was pretty much improvised. I wanted to make something that sounded crazy and frenetic so I didn’t give it too much thought. You can hear that I made use of chromatic scale a lot and also some arpeggios as well. The whammy bar helps a lot when trying to sound crazy and very metal.

I used the pod x3 emulating a dual rectifier and a tube screamer.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Feb 27 2010, 04:43 PM
Instructor
great takes guys!, love your take daniel, sounds NUTS, well done.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 27 2010, 04:47 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Feb 27 2010, 04:43 PM) *
great takes guys!, love your take daniel, sounds NUTS, well done.

thanks very much Adrian!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
zen
Feb 27 2010, 11:49 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Emotion in music comes from surprise indeed smile.gif .. Beautiful saying.

Thanks for your feedback Daniel. Ya, i had thought of doing the tapping a little different at first but I couldnt play it at this tempo. So i made it simpler to what i could execute. I pretty much only practiced the fast runs for the past 3 weeks. I couldnt pay them at all at this speed 3 weeks back. Practiced slowly and then increased speed. But i sortta pushed it coz my fingers hurt now (maybe not used to), so will take it slowly again..

Loved the experience and your mindblowing take on this smile.gif . I'll take part in more collaborations now smile.gif

p.s- Oh, is it me or my take is coming just a tiny bit behind time in the final mix.. The note I land after the fast runs made me think or did i not play it on time smile.gif

This post has been edited by zen: Feb 28 2010, 05:03 AM

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
methodseeker
Feb 28 2010, 04:22 AM
Learning Roadie
Those were all really great takes! Not my favorite genre of music, but I enjoyed listening to this one.

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 28 2010, 09:38 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Thanks for You comment Daniel, I am more less aware of the problems You observed, just need more practice to eventually overcome those:)

I also liked all the takes, and of course Daniels was wicked \m/ smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Karl-ss
Feb 28 2010, 10:19 PM
GMC:er
Phew.. I wasnt Butchered for doing a few out of scale notes.

Takes where awesome by the way!.. Well except for mine which felt rushed and sloppy : p.. But Well Speed metal musicians got away with that too.

This post has been edited by Karl-ss: Feb 28 2010, 10:25 PM

--------------------
METAL UP YOURS!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 28 2010, 11:13 PM
Instructor
Awesome collaboration, and great takes everyone! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 2 2010, 09:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (zen @ Feb 27 2010, 11:49 PM) *
Emotion in music comes from surprise indeed smile.gif .. Beautiful saying.

Thanks for your feedback Daniel. Ya, i had thought of doing the tapping a little different at first but I couldnt play it at this tempo. So i made it simpler to what i could execute. I pretty much only practiced the fast runs for the past 3 weeks. I couldnt pay them at all at this speed 3 weeks back. Practiced slowly and then increased speed. But i sortta pushed it coz my fingers hurt now (maybe not used to), so will take it slowly again..

Loved the experience and your mindblowing take on this smile.gif . I'll take part in more collaborations now smile.gif

p.s- Oh, is it me or my take is coming just a tiny bit behind time in the final mix.. The note I land after the fast runs made me think or did i not play it on time smile.gif

it was probably my bad because I just synchonized it using the four beats before the take and not checked with the other mp3

I'm glad you enjoyed being part of a collab!

QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Feb 28 2010, 09:38 AM) *
Thanks for You comment Daniel, I am more less aware of the problems You observed, just need more practice to eventually overcome those:)

I also liked all the takes, and of course Daniels was wicked \m/ smile.gif

thank you Marek! It was good to have you on this one

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Mar 6 2010, 02:41 AM
GMC:er
Excellent Backing track, excellent takes and excellent mix, congrats Daniel and congrats guys

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Mar 6 2010, 05:29 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
That was wicked guys. All of the takes had very cool elements and great playing. Nice job!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Mar 10 2010, 01:22 AM
Instructor
thanks for participating guys!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:36 PM