Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Guitar Suggestion
Deleted
post Mar 17 2010, 06:26 PM
Post #21

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 5.240

I've just found an Ibanez Jem 555 of a guy who lives next to my town (It has been bought 4 years ago):

http://www2.mercatinomusicale.com/ann/ann....0.html&sid=

It's selling it for 550€ and since it has been my favourite guitar after les paul It would be really awesome to get one if it works.
What do you think?

If I go there to see and try the guitar what things should I check out?

Thanks

This post has been edited by Deleted: Mar 17 2010, 06:28 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dennizzz119
post Mar 17 2010, 06:36 PM
Post #22

GMC:er

Member No.: 9.825

I got one and i really love it, You should check the Edge,

--------------------

Skill level 5/10

Equipment:

- Fender Highway one Upgrade Telecaster
- Ibanez JEM555 Vai Signature
- Noname acoustic :P

- Marshall JCM2000
- Stagg crappy 10w

Savings for a Gibson SG '61 Reissue:
120€ / 1400

If You don't believe in it, You'll never achieve it,

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
post Mar 17 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #23

Bass & Beginner Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 3.410

That guitar looks cool! You should try it out. Make sure to play it at least 30 minutes to see if its comfortable to you and if everything is in good shape...

QUOTE (Deleted @ Mar 17 2010, 06:26 PM) *
I've just found an Ibanez Jem 555 of a guy who lives next to my town (It has been bought 4 years ago):

http://www2.mercatinomusicale.com/ann/ann....0.html&sid=

It's selling it for 550€ and since it has been my favourite guitar after les paul It would be really awesome to get one if it works.
What do you think?

If I go there to see and try the guitar what things should I check out?

Thanks

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
My solo and band songs : Keep Going On, Night Vibe, Kad Te Vidim, Susret, Plava Silueta

+Quote Post
Deleted
post Mar 17 2010, 06:50 PM
Post #24

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 5.240

Ehm... What's the edge? smile.gif

This post has been edited by Deleted: Mar 17 2010, 06:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
post Mar 17 2010, 07:48 PM
Post #25

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

Group: MVC
Member No.: 2.164

He means the Edge III Tremolo, Ibanez calls their tremolos Edge (edge Pro, Edge Zero, Edge I,II...)

Not to bash your guitar Dennizzz119, but the Jem 555 isn't the best Ibanez guitar out there... It is good but way overpriced for what it delivers because of Steves Vais Name on it - you can get a better Ibanez for the same money!!!

Marc_Maiden can give more input but the Jem 555 is not so great because of the Cheap tremolo (the Edge III isn't the best Ibanez trem), other Ibanez guitars like the Prestige RGs cost the same and are equipped with much better Tremolos. If you want a great Ibanez for your money, look for a used RG Prestige like the 2550 or the 1570!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
post Mar 17 2010, 07:56 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 6.124

smile.gif

the jem555 is an RG350mdx ($350 usd guitar) made to look fancy and priced at 2-3x the cost of another rg of the same price smile.gif

Ibanez is releasing a new Jem series in the next month or two which is a high level, prestige quality instrument, but at around $1200 usd.

it will come with normal ibanez pick ups, but will have the jem style body/neck/design.

and will be made in japan.

if you are buying a guitar and spending that much, please buy something from America or Japan, do not waste your time with lower quality instruments....you want this one to last!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
phazero
post Mar 18 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 9.845

QUOTE (shatterd @ Mar 1 2010, 10:51 PM) *
I have guitar with Floyd Rose style tremolo. It took me a little effort to learn how to set up and tune properly. It was well worth the effort because now I would never use anything else. I love the Floyd tremolo because my guitar stays in tune and it's easy to tune but I hardly have to touch it. There are lots of videos on youtube that show you how to use Floyd. It takes some practice but once you get it you will never regret it. Some Ibanez guitars in his price range actually come with very good locking trem system like Floyd but its called Edge.

I recommend you look at the Ibanez RG or Ibanez S series guitars because they are great for rock and have decent trem systems that come stock.

If you are looking for a really nice guitar that is not Floyd and is also great for rock.....then check out the Sterling JP50. It has a tremolo but not locking like a floyd. It has humbucker pickups meaning great for rock. It also has locking tuners which should help it stay in tune. I think it is unusual to have a guitar in this price range to come with locking tuners. Here's a link....
[/url]

I agree with the RG choice, I'm a beginner and own an RG370DX (aprox. $400 US), I find it light, easy to play and it sounds waaaaay better than my equally priced jackson dinky and other guitars in its price range for that matter. Not to mention it has a real ageless look to it, kinda classic, kinda modern but definitely geared towards metal. It has an Edge 2 Tremelo on it which is like a floyd rose and I love it for the effects and tuning stability but I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate tuning it and heaven forbid I tune it down to C tuning. I'm a beginner though maybe with some more experience I'll come to love tuning it but for now it takes me hours..yes, hours(!), to get it in tune but I only have to do this about once every 2 weeks to a month. I have a back up hard tail but if I were to get a new guitar it would be the schecter hellraiser C-1 with floyd rose ($749 US), I would keep the floyd tuned to D and my edge tuned C so that I didn't have to go through the whole tuning process every time I wanted to practice a different band's songs.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th July 2017 - 09:47 AM