> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Zoom - Rock Solo, Trond Vold
Grade 3
Rock Solo by Trond Vold
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [50.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

zoom
Mar 3 2010, 11:33 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Guys

My first post. My webcam is bad sorry. I just wanted to get a handle on do this recording and video to start so I hope this is ok
I've recorded with "Live" dawn and used Gearbox for amp mod's etc. Not the greatest sound I've not played enough with this stuff yet.
Guitar is a "Maton mastersound"
I would like this take to be better but I guess this is where I'm at at the moment.
Thanks Guys blink.gif

lesson is https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...-solo-beginner/

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Mar 11 2010, 09:00 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 3 2010, 09:02 PM
Instructor
Nice take. I think you lack some groove feel here, and some parts are sloppy played. I think you need to work more on this one. Picking was sloppy, fretting inconsistent, and bends were weak, so pay attention to those.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 6 2010, 06:21 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
You should practice this lesson some more and give it another try later, as Ivan already pointed out your playing is too sloppy here, the bends are out of tune and your timing is also not good. You could also try to ad some vibrato here and there to breath some life into some notes.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Mar 11 2010, 03:06 PM
Instructor
I would suggest you to practice each phrase and make a new take. Check the rhytm and timing, also some better grip on the notes is needed. smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Mar 11 2010, 03:47 PM
Jazz Instructor
Well, not bad overall, but you have to pay attention on tone, sometimes sounds sloppy!

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 11 2010, 08:59 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
5.5 on this take man, keep after it.

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:09 AM