Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I Hate Being Poor..., Especially with no job...and I'm trying to find one.
drummingguitaris...
post Apr 5 2007, 03:43 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.476

I'm upset...sad.gif

I'm trying to find a job because I want to buy a new guitar...but my Fender DG acoustic-electric is in some SAD shape...the input to the pickup fell INTO the guitar...as well as the neck being twisted, not to mention it's nicked and scuffed. I want a new Alvarez acoustic, I just love the way they sound...

But I want an electric, because I'm SO SICK of playing an acoustic. Don't get me wrong acoustic is great and all...but when that's all you've been playing for 3 and a half almost 4 years, it gets old. The only times I've played electric are the rare few times a couple of friends of mine brought them to school or whatever.

I mean, I believe learning techniques on an acoustic before an electric is definitely better, but sometimes I wonder how much better I sound than what I think I do, since all I played was an acoustic, ya know? Is anyone else like this, or is it just me?

P.S.: Going to try and talk to Mom about a Fender Strat for my b-day...but I dunno.

--------------------
-->Chris D.<--

My Gear:
Fender DG-xxx Acoustic/Electric
Crate GX-15 series
Ibanez GRG170DX Electric w/ FR Trem
My heart, imagination, hopes, and dreams.

My top 5 influences:
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Carlos Augusto Alves Santana
Saul Hudson (Slash)
Eric Patrick Clapton
Kirk Lee Hammett

thedarkblues06 wrote:

jpast wrote:

He wishes he was in the minority. Nothing like making out with guys to stick it to the man. (Pun intended)
(Off-hand comment made about Pete Wentz wishing he was gay.)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
BalysLTU
post Apr 5 2007, 04:44 PM
Post #2

Group: Passive
Member No.: 1.351

Ah. Know whatcha meen pal. I owe my mother $200 for the amp I bought so now I need to find a job to pay her back also.

And I also recall when I didn't have an electric guitar. Just an acoustic. I didnt play that much because I lacked the motivation. I thought that it would be a waste of time to learn something in acoustic if Im going to play the electric guitars (gosh how stupid). An electric guitar was my dream then but I was lucky enaugh to find a nice job and buy me one.

+Quote Post
wheeler
post Apr 5 2007, 07:06 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.391

I remember being in that situation. Here's my 2 cents: get a job ASAP. There's nothing better than having money to go to the shows you want to go to, buy the gear you want to buy, buy the cd's that you want to buy, etc.....and not having to beg for the money or worry about paying someone back. It's totally worth it. Not sure where you guys/girls are located, how old you are, etc....but I highly recommend a hand car wash like Turtle Wax as a summer job....you're outside all day hanging out and shooting the sh!t with people, and at the end of the day you leave with a pocket full of cash. Back in high school my friends who worked there would sometimes leave on a Saturday with like $150-$200 in their pockets. Not bad for a high school kid on a Saturday. Waiting tables is good for that too, but I didn't have the patience to put up with the clients....so the restaurant industry and I parted ways.

Side story - In high school, I worked an entire summer at the public pool. Saved every penny. At the end of the summer, bought a Jackson King V Mustaine Signature model with EMG 81/85's. That was in 1993. 3 years ago someone bashed in my car window and stole it. I have sworn vengeance.

+Quote Post
BalysLTU
post Apr 6 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #4

Group: Passive
Member No.: 1.351

QUOTE (wheeler @ Apr 5 2007, 09:06 PM) *
I remember being in that situation. Here's my 2 cents: get a job ASAP. There's nothing better than having money to go to the shows you want to go to, buy the gear you want to buy, buy the cd's that you want to buy, etc.....and not having to beg for the money or worry about paying someone back. It's totally worth it. Not sure where you guys/girls are located, how old you are, etc....but I highly recommend a hand car wash like Turtle Wax as a summer job....you're outside all day hanging out and shooting the sh!t with people, and at the end of the day you leave with a pocket full of cash. Back in high school my friends who worked there would sometimes leave on a Saturday with like $150-$200 in their pockets. Not bad for a high school kid on a Saturday. Waiting tables is good for that too, but I didn't have the patience to put up with the clients....so the restaurant industry and I parted ways.

Side story - In high school, I worked an entire summer at the public pool. Saved every penny. At the end of the summer, bought a Jackson King V Mustaine Signature model with EMG 81/85's. That was in 1993. 3 years ago someone bashed in my car window and stole it. I have sworn vengeance.

Ah. Im sorry to hear that sad.gif

Well, Im 15 years old so its kinda hard to find a job for me mellow.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th May 2017 - 02:30 AM