Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tuning?
Marco Fattori
post Mar 29 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Passive
Member No.: 7.616

Okay so I'm interested to transcribe this song, its ridiculously hard to tab out by ear, but the problem is I don't know what tuning it might be in.

The Band "Deluhi" song name "Ivory and Irony" They used to be in drop c# standard, but now they play in Drop C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evAmHLfhdEk

I can guess on Drop C# Standard, being one and a half steps down dropping the C# to a B. Its either that or a very heavy tone, listen around the chorus of the song how heavy it sounds. Generally the song is very muffled and is almost impossible to transcribe. :[

Coud you let me know what tuning it might be in?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
post Mar 30 2010, 10:31 AM
Post #2

GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 5.075

Hi there!

I checked the song, and it seemes that the key of the song is C#m, but the tuning seemes to be dropped A. It is such a low tuned note that it's hard to be recognised. First it seemed to be dropped C#, but if you listen carefully, you can hear that low A in there.

Hope that I'm right with this one... smile.gif

Cheers

QUOTE (Marco Fattori @ Mar 29 2010, 10:18 PM) *
Okay so I'm interested to transcribe this song, its ridiculously hard to tab out by ear, but the problem is I don't know what tuning it might be in.

The Band "Deluhi" song name "Ivory and Irony" They used to be in drop c# standard, but now they play in Drop C.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evAmHLfhdEk

I can guess on Drop C# Standard, being one and a half steps down dropping the C# to a B. Its either that or a very heavy tone, listen around the chorus of the song how heavy it sounds. Generally the song is very muffled and is almost impossible to transcribe. :[

Coud you let me know what tuning it might be in?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2017 - 09:46 AM