Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need Help W/ Me Floyd ...
ruben_mcn
post Apr 16 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #1

Learning Roadie

Group: Members
Member No.: 7.681

Hey Guys I own a Ibanez rg 2550 z W/ floyd .. and I have one problem the floyd isn´t one of thouse that have to screw the whammy bar ( or somthing like that .. ). In my guitar the wahmmy kind sticks in the floyd .. and the whammy is allways moving around dry.gif ... is there a way to make is stay still where i want to ???

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Apr 16 2010, 10:36 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
post Apr 16 2010, 10:43 AM
Post #2

Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 2.860

If you`ve got the Ibanez Edge pro trem then you may need to replace the two white plastic/nylon bushes that are on the whammy bar itself (the bit that goes into the bridge), to be honest, I had the same problem with mine, I replaced the bushes but it didnt make a huge or significant amount of difference.

I`ve kind of lived with it since and it doesnt really bother me having it swinging around.

I think some of the Edge trem systems (poss the Edge pro II?) has a small hex bolt in the bridge that you can tighten slightly to grip onto the whammy bar once inserted into the bridge.

there is some older posts on this and I think the general solution was to find something thin enough that you can push in with the whammy bar to help prevent it from swinging around.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
post Apr 16 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #3

Learning Tone Master
Group Icon

Group: MVC
Member No.: 2.164

If there isn't anything you can tighten with the screwdriver in the hole where the trem is going in then there is no way to get the bar in a fixed position...
I wasn't too impressed by the higher Ibanez Tremolos at all - it's OFR or no trem at all for me now!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
post Apr 16 2010, 11:01 AM
Post #4

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 7.681

Thanks Chris .. I will look for them .. and maybe give duck take a try or somthing like that..

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
post Apr 16 2010, 12:28 PM
Post #5

GMC:er

Member No.: 4.733

QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Apr 16 2010, 10:35 AM) *
Hey Guys I own a Ibanez rg 2550 z W/ floyd .. and I have one problem the floyd isn´t one of thouse that have to screw the whammy bar ( or somthing like that .. ). In my guitar the wahmmy kind sticks in the floyd .. and the whammy is allways moving around dry.gif ... is there a way to make is stay still where i want to ???

take the bar out
there is a slot where the bar is that you could put a screwdriver in and on the back side there is a nut to tighten
this how mine tinghtens

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th January 2017 - 12:33 AM