2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Not Trying To Start A War Honest, Who`s the best instructor
Darktime
Apr 19 2010, 11:54 PM
GMC:er
Just out of curiosity do the instructors share an opinion on who is the best instructor?
I know who I think is the best but that tends to change daily biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Apr 20 2010, 12:00 AM
QUOTE (Darktime @ Apr 20 2010, 01:54 AM) *
Just out of curiosity do the instructors share an opinion on who is the best instructor?
I know who I think is the best but that tends to change daily biggrin.gif

Well I think that is quite subjective tongue.gif
But I have one who I think is the best but Im not gonna share smile.gif

Let me give you a hint.. It starts with an M biggrin.gif Bet you cant find him!@!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Apr 20 2010, 12:11 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I dont think there is a best instructor but of course i have my favorites. If you want to know who my favorites are just watch my youtube videos.

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 20 2010, 12:18 AM
Learning Roadie
Toughie. We have so many greats. Some really excellent ones who sadly don't make many lessons anymore though!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 20 2010, 12:21 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Totally subjective and some are "better" at certain genre's than others....... smile.gif I haven't seen a bad one yet though.......\m/\m/

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Apr 20 2010, 12:29 AM
QUOTE (lcsdds @ Apr 20 2010, 02:21 AM) *
Totally subjective and some are "better" at certain genre's than others....... smile.gif I haven't seen a bad one yet though.......\m/\m/

Exactly.

Cool the year I was born are your posts biggrin.gif Actually its one more so please post something smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Apr 20 2010, 12:33 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I don't there there is a "best" instructor. I do however think that the new lessons that are being put on here by all the instructors are SO much better than the ones from a couple of years ago. Much better production quality etc. You guys have outdone yourselves!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Apr 20 2010, 12:34 AM
Instructor
of course it is me smile.gif.
well not really, i got fav ones from time to time, now rusell cash is my fav smile.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 20 2010, 12:38 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Apr 20 2010, 12:34 AM) *
well not really, i got fav ones from time to time, now rusell cash is my fav smile.gif

I was gonna say Adrian......\m/\m/ smile.gif

This post has been edited by lcsdds: Apr 20 2010, 12:39 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 20 2010, 01:00 AM
There are so many KILLER instructors here it's hard to say which is best. So many styles are represented so it's hard to compare them. It's really about what you are trying to learn as a player that will determine which ones you like best. If you haven't had a lesson with me yet, let me invite you smile.gif I teach a live lesson in the video chat room every Saturday @ 4pm E.S.T (United States Time) and I've love to have you there. We are learning alternate picking / speed picking currently and I look forward to working with you.

Practice!
Todd

+Quote Post
Darknodar123
Apr 20 2010, 01:05 AM
I think this is a good thread so why dont we start sharing some ideas?

My best instructors on this site so far are Muris Varajic, Adrian Figallo, Carlos Carillo and Gabriel Leopardi because I think that they have the most melodic lessons smile.gif

What do you think guys?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Apr 20 2010, 02:46 AM
Learning Rock Star
I don't think there is a best instructor at GMC...... Everyone is awesome in is own style..... I have my favorite instructor tho.....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Apr 20 2010, 04:13 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I have guys that I tend to enjoy playing their lessons the most...but that is just because I enjoy that style of music! My favorites lessons are done by Lian, Trond, Gabriel, Ivan Zecic, Muris, Adrian and Ivan Milenkovic (although there is always a part in every one of his lessons that I just CANNOT play! tongue.gif)

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Apr 20 2010, 04:14 AM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Staffy
Apr 20 2010, 06:51 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Apr 20 2010, 01:34 AM) *

I loooove that one, Adrian! You've got ATTITUDE!!!! biggrin.gif
With the risk of getting hit by some oven mitts tongue.gif , I would say that just because You can throw away some lightning licks in a video, it doesn't mean that You are a great instructor. To transfer Your knowledge, You must do it in a pedagogically right way too. Since I don't really know anyone else's teaching in debth except for Pedja & Ivan (which both are excellent pedagogs), I cannot state who is the best teacher teacher around. Also it depends on the students preferrable way of learning and what he wants to learn. (and a lot of other things as well)

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Skewlbuzz
Apr 20 2010, 07:39 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Can't say who's the best one, they're all very different.. But over time I've been enjoying Gabriels lesson the most smile.gif

--------------------

Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2008
Fender Squier '51

---------------------
Amp(like):
Blackstar Series One 45
Line6 POD Studio UX1
Marshall MG15CDR

---------------------
Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
DigiTech Whammy
Z.Vex Fuzz Factory
Dunlop MXR Carbon Copy

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 20 2010, 07:54 AM
QUOTE (Darknodar123 @ Apr 19 2010, 06:00 PM) *
Well I think that is quite subjective tongue.gif
But I have one who I think is the best but Im not gonna share smile.gif

Let me give you a hint.. It starts with an M biggrin.gif Bet you cant find him!@!

I like to say "nobody does this better than <fill in name>." Especially for subjective valuations like this. What is best for one, is not necessarily going to be best for others.

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 20 2010, 07:56 AM
Everyone is the best in what he does for me. We all together are the best wink.gif

+Quote Post
Staffy
Apr 20 2010, 08:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Apr 20 2010, 08:56 AM) *
Everyone is the best in what he does for me. We all together are the best wink.gif

+1 biggrin.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
fkalich
Apr 20 2010, 08:14 AM
QUOTE (Skewlbuzz @ Apr 20 2010, 01:39 AM) *
Can't say who's the best one, they're all very different.. But over time I've been enjoying Gabriels lesson the most smile.gif

I probably have learned more Gabriel lessons than any other single person. He really has a lot of variety, and he does a good job or performing the pieces.

But to tell you the truth, it is hard to come up with another country where guys have contributed more to GMC than the boys from Argentina. Pretty impressive. I think in that part of the world, great rhythm in your play has always been a focus, and you see that with all of them here. I mean look at Lian. He is sure a metal guy. But to me he is different than most metal guys, and I think in good ways. I wold call him more a metal influenced musician, but he has a lot of variety in his play, and it is really kind of happy play, not like "lets play metal and then go kill ourselves" type of style. I mean, growling sounds awful to me, never liked it, but when Lian did that, he actually sounded kind of musical to me. Only time I have heard growling that I thought it was ok. Still not good, but ok.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Apr 20 2010, 08:14 AM

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Apr 20 2010, 09:07 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
As mentioned above it's a matter of personal taste. Like fkalich said, the guys from argentina seem to be the ones with the biggest input to the site. I've learned a lot of Gabriel's lessons, right now I'm focussing on Lian's lessons, and he is my personal favourite because he is also my MTP mentor. I also love the fact that Marcus Siepen is an instructor here, though he seems to focus a biit more on his side project called Blind Guardian ;-) just kidding...
I think all instructors are great and we should be glad to have them all here!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:43 PM