2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Know Any Great Guitar Players?, Help me expand my listening!
RobK87
Apr 20 2010, 06:06 AM
Learning Tone Master
Okay so here are all the guitar players I currently am listening to:

Andy Timmons
Greg Howe
Joe Satriani
John Petrucci
Santana
Steve Morse
Steve Vai
Vinnie Moore
Guthrie Govan
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Larry Carlton (just started)

(I know some may be missing in your book but I don't like some [like Malmsteen, Loomis])

Bolds are my favorites. smile.gif

I am only interested in instrumental (at least for this thread) guitar music. I want to listen to more fusion guitar players but unfortunately they are not exactly accepted in pop culture and advertising.... sad.gif
I also love the sound of flamenco and classical guitars......

Thanks if you can input!

Robert biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Apr 20 2010, 06:40 AM
GMC:er
try listening to these bands:

adagio
symphony x

i think you will like michael romeos guitar player in symphony x since we have the same taste

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 20 2010, 07:13 AM
I would add Jason Becker and Kiko Loureiro. You need to listen to them, they'll blow your head

+Quote Post
OzRob
Apr 20 2010, 10:45 AM
Tommy Emmanuel
Paco de Lucia

.....the thread can be closed now. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by OzRob: Apr 20 2010, 10:53 AM

--------------------
------------------------
My website (Flash) My other website (non-Flash)
------------------------

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Apr 20 2010, 11:17 AM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Jason Becker, Dimebag Darrell, Zakk Wylde, even George Lynch! Michael Romeo rules big time! These are my favorites. And I also love Petrucci's solo record!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Apr 20 2010, 12:16 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Andy James.........\m/\m/

+Quote Post
DenisN
Apr 20 2010, 12:57 PM
Learning Roadie
Mattias IA Eklundh!! - don't forget him

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Apr 20 2010, 02:55 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
How about a fellow named Stevie Ray Vaughan?! Even if you aren't into blues...give him a listen - he will make your jaw drop!

Here is another guy that will blow you away - John Butler!

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Apr 20 2010, 02:57 PM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
relaxenjoy
Apr 20 2010, 05:08 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Paul Gilbert!

This guy's solo album is great and definitely shows off his technical skill and his ability to play many different styles.

It's called Get Out of My Yard. Rusty Old Boat is my personal favourite off of the album.

I also don't think I saw Slash's name up here. His new album was really solid, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

This post has been edited by relaxenjoy: Apr 20 2010, 05:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Apr 20 2010, 06:02 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (RobK87 @ Apr 20 2010, 01:06 AM) *
I am only interested in instrumental (at least for this thread) guitar music. I want to listen to more fusion guitar players but unfortunately they are not exactly accepted in pop culture and advertising.... sad.gif
I also love the sound of flamenco and classical guitars......

Thanks if you can input!

Robert biggrin.gif

While shred and melodic guitar shred are one thing you requested guitar players that are more fusion oriented. Also maybe with a touch of Flamenco and classical flavors.

First person to come to mind was Al Di Meola. Check some of his stuff out on Youtube. Great guitar work!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Staffy
Apr 20 2010, 06:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
Allan Holdsworth, Pat Metheny, John Scofield, Jim Hall, Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery, George Benson, Pat Martino, Scott Henderson, Bill Frisell - speaking of jazz/fusion.
Roy Buchanan, Leslie West, Pat Thrall, Pat Travers, Tommy Bolin, Jeff Healey - speakin of rock/blues

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Apr 20 2010, 07:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Apr 20 2010, 08:13 AM) *
I would add Jason Becker and Kiko Loureiro. You need to listen to them, they'll blow your head

And Marty Friedman biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew6
Apr 20 2010, 07:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Apr 20 2010, 07:17 AM) *
Jason Becker, Dimebag Darrell, Zakk Wylde, even George Lynch! Michael Romeo rules big time! These are my favorites. And I also love Petrucci's solo record!

That is very similar to my list haha. I would add Doug Aldrich and Alex Skolnick.

--------------------
The Gear Box:

Jackon RR5 Randy Rhoads
Epiphone Special II
Ibanez GRG170DX

Rogue Electric Acoustic (CHEAP lol)

Behringer GX210 AMP
Crate GT30 AMP

Korg Ax5G Effects Unit
Zoom G2 Effects Unit

+Quote Post
superize
Apr 20 2010, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Alexi Laiho

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 20 2010, 09:16 PM
Instructor
My vote for Stevie Ray Vaughan, Pat Metheny, Peter Green, Scott Henderson, Frank Gambale, John Scofield, Charlie Byrd - all great players..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Apr 20 2010, 10:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Strunz and Farah

Leona Boyd

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Apr 20 2010, 10:13 PM
Learning Roadie
I like the guitar players in the band Skillet. The lead guitarist is Ben. He is really great! The whole band is awesome live! I'm going to see them live May 2, 2010.

+Quote Post
RobK87
Apr 20 2010, 11:25 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thanks a lot guys!

I will begin right away.... biggrin.gif

And like Skillet said I already know all the shred guys (and SRV smile.gif )

Thanks for the lists Ivan and Staffy!

This post has been edited by RobK87: Apr 20 2010, 11:25 PM

+Quote Post
shredmaster1393
Apr 20 2010, 11:45 PM
some of my favorites are John Frusciante, Allan Holdsworth, BB king, Santana, Eric Johnson, Tommy emmanuel( mostly acoustic though) Steve vai, Zakk wylde and everyone else is pretty much mentioned already.

--------------------
its not what you take with you, but what you leave behind that defines greatness
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[font="Impact"

[size="5"][/size]

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 21 2010, 12:09 AM
Instructor
Anytime mate, anytime wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:33 AM