Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Glad To Be Here!, Aspiring Guitarist
Jack the Yak
post Apr 8 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.505

Hey, what's up GMC!? I tried to get into playing guitar a year or so ago, but due to time constraints and lack of motivation I quickly lost interest. I recently bought an Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty with the hopes of getting inspired again. My previous guitar was an old, beat up Ibanez Gio that I got off of a friend (it felt more like a toy than anything). My goal is to become a solid guitarist, and I am determined to work hard until (and after) I accomplish that. I tried to teach myself with books and guides, but without visual aid it's difficult to know if you're playing the right way. I was about to seek out "in person" lessons when I stumbled across your site. I instantly knew this was for me. I like your teaching methods, videos lessons, and what appears to be a helpful community of like minded guitarists. This site seems to be the answer to my problems. It's much cheaper than personal lessons, and you can go through a lesson more than once (not the case with "in person" lessons unless you want to cough up more cash). I'm certain the video looping feature will be a godsend also tongue.gif. I look forward to learning alot from Kris, the many other instructors, and the community here..

A Little About Myself:

Favorite Genre: Progressive Rock/Metal

Favorite Bands:

The Mars Volta
Giant Squid
Ugly Casanova
The Coma Recovery
Modest Mouse
The Smashing Pumpkins
Pink Floyd
Casket Salesmen
The Doors
The Smiths
Dream Theater
King Crimson

Guitar Heroes:

Adam Jones
John Petrucci
Jimi Hendrix
Johnny Marr
Peter Frampton
Syd Barrett
David Gilmour
Omar Rodriguez-Lopez
Jimmy Page

This post has been edited by Jack the Yak: Apr 8 2007, 02:51 PM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st October 2016 - 03:54 PM