New To Gmc And Sweeping Question!
Stevemuenn
Apr 10 2007, 12:38 AM
GMC:er
Hey everyone my name is Steve, I just signed up for GMC. Let me first say damn this site rocks! Great work. I have had one guitar teacher and currently have my second, I feel like I never would have realized how much more stuff there is out there without this site. As well I am sure this will quadruple my progress as my teacher isnt giving me much good shit to learn. Not only that but I have been completely remotivated by this site to learn, and everyday when I come back I get removitvated again. Okay enough fan boy shit lol, I have a sweeping question....Should I start out doing 3 string sweeps and progressivly work to 5 string? I have been practicing 5 string alot lately and it just feels easier to me then 3 string sweeps. But I dont want to learn in the wrong order or anything. Thanks in advance. Later.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 10 2007, 08:37 AM
Ah yes, GMC is like a life saver for guitarists! tongue.gif I was completely lost before I joined GMC laugh.gif

I guess if you already know 5 string shapes you could just continue with that, but I think maybe the pro's should answer this one tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Apr 10 2007, 09:06 AM
Instructor
My approach is to first learn 5-string sweeps as they force you to keep your hand in the correct postion, and than move to 3-string shapes.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Stevemuenn
Apr 10 2007, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Pavel you rock, both literally on the guitar and with your fast replying skills haha tongue.gif .

+Quote Post
Pavel
Apr 10 2007, 09:45 AM
Instructor
Thanks man! You're welcome! There will be more 3-string sweeping stuff at GMC soon!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 10 2007, 01:39 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Pavel @ Apr 10 2007, 04:45 AM) *
Thanks man! You're welcome! There will be more 3-string sweeping stuff at GMC soon!

I started with 5 string as per Pavel's lessons - and although I am still working on them, when I tried 3 string shapes after some weeks of 5 string, I found them a lot easier and can play them faster, so I can attest to Pavels approach working for me! I still can't do anything useful in a jam with 5 string but I will be able to get to 3 string speeds pretty soon I think.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Stevemuenn
Apr 10 2007, 09:59 PM
Nice well keep at it man, cause I know I'm going to tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:26 AM