Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New To Gmc And Sweeping Question!
Stevemuenn
post Apr 10 2007, 12:38 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.511

Hey everyone my name is Steve, I just signed up for GMC. Let me first say damn this site rocks! Great work. I have had one guitar teacher and currently have my second, I feel like I never would have realized how much more stuff there is out there without this site. As well I am sure this will quadruple my progress as my teacher isnt giving me much good shit to learn. Not only that but I have been completely remotivated by this site to learn, and everyday when I come back I get removitvated again. Okay enough fan boy shit lol, I have a sweeping question....Should I start out doing 3 string sweeps and progressivly work to 5 string? I have been practicing 5 string alot lately and it just feels easier to me then 3 string sweeps. But I dont want to learn in the wrong order or anything. Thanks in advance. Later.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
post Apr 10 2007, 08:37 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1.061

Ah yes, GMC is like a life saver for guitarists! tongue.gif I was completely lost before I joined GMC laugh.gif

I guess if you already know 5 string shapes you could just continue with that, but I think maybe the pro's should answer this one tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
post Apr 10 2007, 09:06 AM
Post #3

Instructor

Group: Passive
Member No.: 1.055

My approach is to first learn 5-string sweeps as they force you to keep your hand in the correct postion, and than move to 3-string shapes.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Stevemuenn
post Apr 10 2007, 09:40 AM
Post #4

Thanks for the quick reply Pavel you rock, both literally on the guitar and with your fast replying skills haha tongue.gif .

+Quote Post
Pavel
post Apr 10 2007, 09:45 AM
Post #5

Instructor

Group: Passive
Member No.: 1.055

Thanks man! You're welcome! There will be more 3-string sweeping stuff at GMC soon!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Apr 10 2007, 01:39 PM
Post #6

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (Pavel @ Apr 10 2007, 04:45 AM) *
Thanks man! You're welcome! There will be more 3-string sweeping stuff at GMC soon!

I started with 5 string as per Pavel's lessons - and although I am still working on them, when I tried 3 string shapes after some weeks of 5 string, I found them a lot easier and can play them faster, so I can attest to Pavels approach working for me! I still can't do anything useful in a jam with 5 string but I will be able to get to 3 string speeds pretty soon I think.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Stevemuenn
post Apr 10 2007, 09:59 PM
Post #7

Nice well keep at it man, cause I know I'm going to tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2017 - 09:56 PM