Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Should I Move On?
crazyfreestyler5...
post Apr 10 2007, 07:18 AM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.515

[size=4]I joined gmc for about a week and a half ago and practiced for about 3hrs a day. Had a guitar for two years but never took it seriously till now. i can do everything in the beginning lessons at a good moderate speed; however, im having problems improvising around the pentatonic scales and creating licks. I was wondering if i needed to know anything else before moving on to a more advanced lesson. If i should move on which lesson should I move onto. Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
post Apr 10 2007, 08:31 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 1.061

Sure I think you can move on. Just jam around in the pentatonic scale once in a while, steal some licks from the bands/artists you like, while you're practicing other GMC stuff aswell. I've been praciting all kinds of lessons on GMC, I just jam around in the pentatonic scale once in a while you know, it will take a little while before it goes smoothly.

Also, check out Gabriels and Kris' blues lessons. In the licks and riffs and solo guitar sections. There you got alot of cool licks. And you should also check out the pentatonic scale 1on1 lessons.

This post has been edited by Robin: Apr 10 2007, 08:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Apr 10 2007, 01:37 PM
Post #3

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (crazyfreestyler50 @ Apr 10 2007, 02:18 AM) *
[size=4]I joined gmc for about a week and a half ago and practiced for about 3hrs a day. Had a guitar for two years but never took it seriously till now. i can do everything in the beginning lessons at a good moderate speed; however, im having problems improvising around the pentatonic scales and creating licks. I was wondering if i needed to know anything else before moving on to a more advanced lesson. If i should move on which lesson should I move onto. Thanks

In general you need to do a couple of things - first practice to the metronome any specific trechniques you want to improve, second try to use the stuff you do know in an improvisational kind of setting, jam along with songs you know or use backing tracks. Listen to as much stuff as possible, lessons included, and if you are ready for a technique or lick, pick it up and start using it in your jams. If you are not, either put it aside until you have improved, or add it to your metrenome regimen until you can do it well enough to jam with. Listen to everyting you can and pick up as much as you can and you will soon be a great guitarist with a vast library of styles and licks to draw on!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
crazyfreestyler5...
post Apr 10 2007, 04:09 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 1.515

Thank you for the replys

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2017 - 01:32 AM