Jason Becker / Marty Friedman, Rummaging thru some old music
SirJamsalot
Jun 3 2010, 07:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
Jason Becker and Marty Friedman. I'm still blown away by some of the most amazing riffs, licks and mind-blowing string bending by these guys. Great stuff, especially at

3:00 - 3:20 for great string bend feel
4:25 - 4:50 for some amazing picking and licks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf-KmL5w348...feature=related

Just reflecting and had to share.

Christian A.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Jun 3 2010, 09:09 PM
Learning Tone Master
Oh yes, I love that song. When I first fell in love with guitar, it was with Cacophony, and I'm still in love smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 3 2010, 09:18 PM
GMC:er
Nice post man. Thanks for sharing. Just letting you know, you can embed the youtube videos simply by copying the embedded code from the YT page that the video is on and pasting it in here. I couldn't remember if it was you who asked about that before, but I'm sorry if I'm telling you something you already know ! Cheers man.

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Jun 3 2010, 09:43 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Ahh, Dweller in the Cellar. Perpetual Burn CD is my all-time-favorite album. Can you imagine he was 18 when he did this record?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jun 3 2010, 09:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jun 3 2010, 01:18 PM) *
Nice post man. Thanks for sharing. Just letting you know, you can embed the youtube videos simply by copying the embedded code from the YT page that the video is on and pasting it in here. I couldn't remember if it was you who asked about that before, but I'm sorry if I'm telling you something you already know ! Cheers man.

Thanks for the Youtube insight. I think I figured it out looking at someone elses post to see how it was done. Something like {youtube}number{/youtube} only using square brackets right? I'll do that next time.

Christian A.

QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Jun 3 2010, 01:43 PM) *
Ahh, Dweller in the Cellar. Perpetual Burn CD is my all-time-favorite album. Can you imagine he was 18 when he did this record?

I know - soooo crazy. so amazing.

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jun 3 2010, 10:12 PM
There really is something about that lick at 3:00-3:20, I keep rewinding and listening to it. Its so beautiful.

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 3 2010, 10:29 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Awesome songs, always great to listen to it!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Chowy Fernandez
Jun 4 2010, 09:27 AM
the true of life

nothing more to say

hahah

gods 10/10

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jun 5 2010, 03:41 AM
This is my elixir that will keep me on the guitar for the rest of my life

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2010, 03:59 AM
Just brilliant playing! Marty is a great example of how individual a style can be. He uses lots and lots of up strokes which is not typical given the genre and uses more pull offs and bends than alternate picking runs, which again, to some degree goes against the strict grain that runs through the heavier genres and yet is a brilliant, amazing, soulful, and yes technical player. What a guy.

Todd

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jun 5 2010, 04:05 PM
Instructor
That's from Perpetual Burn isn't it?

that's one of the top 5 Shred albums of all time

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 5 2010, 05:10 PM
Instructor
Wow, I still remember the first time I heard Cacophony on a borrowed tape. It really freaked me out... the opening dual lead of 'Savage' just took my head off. I wasn't expecting there to be any singing because I just assumed it was all guitar !!

Those really emotive high bends by Friedman and Becker, especially moments like the end of 'Concerto'.. (I think it's Jason on that) and the breakdown of 'Go Off' are phenomenal. Nice to see their popularity continue ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jun 29 2010, 01:39 PM
Jazz Instructor
Those guys are unique phenomenon in music world, I mean electric guitar virtuoso duo, who else did such brilliant thing!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:12 PM