Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions About The Metronome?
fatstrat
post Apr 11 2007, 09:39 PM
Post #1

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.522

I just recently joined GMC and am wondering if my speeds should be this low for playing about a year solid, but just got serious?

sixteenth triplets---50 bpm (this is really my only problem area)

HELP!!!!

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
post Apr 11 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #2

Moderation Policy Director
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 1.167

QUOTE (fatstrat @ Apr 11 2007, 04:39 PM) *
I just recently joined GMC and am wondering if my speeds should be this low for playing about a year solid, but just got serious?

sixteenth triplets---50 bpm (this is really my only problem area)

HELP!!!!

Depends what you mean by just got serious .... how long have you been practicing to a metronome?

Practice every day for a month solid and you should definately see an improvement, but everyone is different, and sometimes you hit a plateau.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
fatstrat
post Apr 11 2007, 09:52 PM
Post #3

GMC:er

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.522

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 11 2007, 04:41 PM) *
Depends what you mean by just got serious .... how long have you been practicing to a metronome?

Practice every day for a month solid and you should definately see an improvement, but everyone is different, and sometimes you hit a plateau.

actually I just started practicing to a metronome yesterday haha, but I'm just wondering how long it might take someone just starting out with the metro to see an improvement?

Well I appreciate the help and we'll see where I'm at in a month!!!

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby

+Quote Post
Tank
post Apr 11 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #4

GMC Veteran
Group Icon

Group: GMC Senior
Member No.: 5

I'd suggest that if you practice every day for a month, you'll see a marked improvement easily after 2 weeks.

Ironically, the better you get, the harder it will become to get an improvement. So you're at a good point to learn some good habits that will serve you well later. I would suggest that when you are working with a metronome, you are not aiming for speed. You're aiming to learn how to play relaxed but accurate with both the left and right hand. Once you can play a passage relaxed, the speed will follow, and you'll have little in the way of barriers towards gaining some real velocity.

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th March 2017 - 02:47 PM