Songs For The Road, what's your favourite?
Gitarrero
Jun 6 2010, 04:54 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi guys,
today I was driving home from my girlfriends place, 100 km on the highway with relaxed 130 km/h, enjoying the blue sky and I was listening to Black Stone Cherry. When "Rollin' on" came I thought "that's just the right song for the road, the rhythm just fits the easy driving!"
What would be your favourite song for the road?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gitarrero: Jun 6 2010, 04:55 PM

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jun 6 2010, 06:53 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
If I'm hammerin'...then Painkiller by Judas Priest!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Praetorian: Jun 6 2010, 06:54 PM

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jun 6 2010, 07:19 PM
Learning Roadie
To Me that really depends on my mood..

But there is this one song that Seems to allways fit:

Btw: Don´t know why but when ever I hear this one and I´m drivin I tend to Put the pedal to the Metal!!!! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ruben_mcn: Jun 6 2010, 07:25 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 6 2010, 08:08 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I love when I hear this song when I'm driving smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jun 7 2010, 12:41 AM
Instructor
im a little geek, but i usually put my band's songs on the car, i can practice my voice inside and nobody hears biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Bobieo
Jun 7 2010, 01:43 AM
GMC:er
Right now artist would be Richie Kotzen and a+ singer and gutiarist. Have you heard any of his recent music. Seen him @ his hometown
gig last week on sm stage. extraordinary gutiar player.

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jun 7 2010, 02:13 PM
Jazz Instructor
At this moment, FatBoySlim! smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 7 2010, 03:11 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
On those long drives, anything long and epic is what I always go for. Between The Buried And Me and Dream Theater are 2 favorites, along with Scar Symmetry and Iron Maiden.

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 7 2010, 03:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
On a long Journey I'll put something like The Wall or Dark Side of The Moon on, also I like 2112 by Rush, a good concept album makes the time pass!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jun 7 2010, 05:41 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (sted @ Jun 7 2010, 09:58 AM) *
On a long Journey I'll put something like The Wall or Dark Side of The Moon on, also I like 2112 by Rush, a good concept album makes the time pass!

true!!, tommy or american idiot are great also!

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jun 8 2010, 01:40 AM
Learning Roadie
"Life is a highway" by Rascal Flatts

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 8 2010, 08:33 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jun 8 2010, 02:40 AM) *
"Life is a highway" by Rascal Flatts

laugh.gif On our trip through California last summer my girlfriend and I heard their song "summer nights" on the radio a couple of times a day. She hated it, I loved it! laugh.gif Oh, that radio station only played like 30 songs all day long...96.3 Cobb Country, America's hot new country...sweet memories tongue.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jun 8 2010, 03:23 PM
Jazz Instructor
Oh, how could we forgot, Queen - Bohemian's rhapsody! smile.gif
4 persons headbanging in the car, just imagine! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
sonny_NL
Jun 8 2010, 04:06 PM
Learning Roadie
when i am on the road i like to listen to N.E.R.D and Kid Rock.
i don't know why because when i am at home i don't listen to them that much wink.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jun 8 2010, 06:55 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Vasilije Vukmirovic @ Jun 8 2010, 09:23 AM) *
Oh, how could we forgot, Queen - Bohemian's rhapsody! smile.gif
4 persons headbanging in the car, just imagine! biggrin.gif

like wayne's world!!

--------------------

-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 9 2010, 02:24 AM
GMC:er
I really dig "In Flames" for traveling music. Really just about any Gothenburg Sounding metal will do the trick for me. The inclusion of melodic elements in Death Metal of course isn't limited to that sound or area but they do seem to have a certain "way" with it. Almost like the Swedes like a dash of "Abba" in their Death Metal Which is not an insult by any means. Just recognizing the focus of melody in Swiss music going back to traditional speleman/folk music which also made frequent use of minor keys just like Melodic Death Metal does today.

Hmm. I just realized I referenced death metal, abba, and speleman music (sort of melodic polka) in the same paragraph. Ahh music.

Todd

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 10 2010, 01:43 AM
The Dark Canuck
I have many many favourites, and whenever I'm on a road trip the soundtrack is very important smile.gif However a "MUST" for me on any road trip is Closer by Nine Inch Nails. I just love that song.

But for those everyday drives back and forth to work and just around town it really depends on my mood. I usually just hit shuffle on my iPod and go from there... it can get pretty eclectic LOL!! Candy by Paulo Nutini is in heavy rotation right now as well as Girl from the North Country by Lions and Long Cool Woman in a Black Dress by the Hollies, love that intro smile.gif

rok

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:52 AM