Reply to this topicStart new topic
> World Cup (football!), any guesses?
Jad Diab
post Jun 22 2010, 09:06 PM
Post #101

Instructor (former GMCer Zizi Top)

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.642

France got ass kicked !!! It appears that there have been problems inside of the French Team, players were insulting their coach because he's a big pr***. Most of them play in big Teams, real madrid, manschester ..... but they can't support each others lol

--------------------
I endorse Sp custom pickups

Check out some of my work :
Youtube
GMC lessons
Myspace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
post Jun 22 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #102

Accomplished Rock Star
Group Icon

Group: Student Instructor
Member No.: 5.361

Yeah, I kinda expected that the french team wouldn't get too far this time, but THAT?! I mean, they are at the bottom of their group and all the stuff that's happening in and around the team is just dissapointing...such great players with such a lousy team spirit. Domenech even refused the handshake with Pereira after the game (for a silly reason...). I wonder what the captain Evra will say to the press in a few days. Since I'll be in Paris from thursday to sunday I'll read all this in the french newspapers...that's gonna be interesting.
But there is a good chance that the german and the english team will be out tomorrow as well...

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
post Jun 22 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #103

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.895

VAMOOOOOOO!!! ARGENTINA!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 22 2010, 09:35 PM
Post #104

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Vamos Argentina!!!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
fkalich
post Jun 22 2010, 09:36 PM
Post #105

GMC:er

Member No.: 1.189

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 22 2010, 03:11 PM) *
Yeah, I kinda expected that the french team wouldn't get too far this time, but THAT?! I mean, they are at the bottom of their group and all the stuff that's happening in and around the team is just dissapointing...such great players with such a lousy team spirit. Domenech even refused the handshake with Pereira after the game (for a silly reason...). I wonder what the captain Evra will say to the press in a few days. Since I'll be in Paris from thursday to sunday I'll read all this in the french newspapers...that's gonna be interesting.
But there is a good chance that the german and the english team will be out tomorrow as well...

Germany looked pretty good first game, they should be fine. The English will take Slovenia, they are not that good, just caught the US in their traditional slow start, after that they were not much, we had twice as many shots on goal. And if not for a bizarre ref, they would have lost anyway. That ref had to be on the take. To call a foul on a guy who did not do anything at all, with most the Slovenians having arms wrapped around the other Americans, a guy with 17 years experience as a ref could not have done this call by mistake, he got paid by somebody. I bet there is a lot of that going on with refs.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
post Jun 22 2010, 10:22 PM
Post #106

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 7.730

im not from there but..
GO ARGENTINA. got the best team.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
lcsdds
post Jun 22 2010, 11:36 PM
Post #107

Learning Tone Seeker

Member No.: 5.825

QUOTE (fkalich @ Jun 22 2010, 09:36 PM) *
Germany looked pretty good first game, they should be fine. The English will take Slovenia, they are not that good, just caught the US in their traditional slow start, after that they were not much, we had twice as many shots on goal. And if not for a bizarre ref, they would have lost anyway. That ref had to be on the take. To call a foul on a guy who did not do anything at all, with most the Slovenians having arms wrapped around the other Americans, a guy with 17 years experience as a ref could not have done this call by mistake, he got paid by somebody. I bet there is a lot of that going on with refs.

Attached Image

all that holding and the US still scored. I don't understand how the world cup tournament works AT ALL. Shouldn't it just be if you win you move on?? You Europeans complicate everything........ laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
post Jun 23 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #108

QUOTE (fkalich @ Jun 22 2010, 03:36 PM) *

Called it right, German and English win. I of course felt the US would also, but did not want to say that. Another freaking ref disallowed a goal on a bad off sides call, but what the heck, they are just awful, we survived. The bookies who had him on the payroll must be disappointed. Well maybe next time they bet their money on us, and we get the calls.

Our bracket is very favorable, Ghana, and then either Uruguay or South Korea. Much better than what England has, Germany and Argentina.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jun 24 2010, 04:29 AM

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
post Jun 24 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #109

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 7.730

italy mad.gif what a shame.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
post Jun 24 2010, 07:12 PM
Post #110

Instructor
Group Icon

I'm sad for Italy... but they haven't a great team this year. Pepe had the last chance for Italy...

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubbedChris
post Jun 24 2010, 07:16 PM
Post #111

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 10.576

QUOTE (Lian Gerbino @ Jun 24 2010, 06:12 PM) *
I'm sad for Italy... but they haven't a great team this year. Pepe had the last chance for Italy...

Did he even touch the ball on that last chance? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
post Jun 24 2010, 07:34 PM
Post #112

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 7.035

QUOTE (fkalich @ Jun 22 2010, 10:36 PM) *

Don't think so. But soccer is a sport in which you have to be used to see bad ref, fake injuries, people rolling on the ground to make the opponent takes a red card, etc...

It's pretty sad and I don't particularly like football because of all that crap.

When you watch rugby or hockey, you will never see that and the referees can call for the TV to back their decisions. Soccer is one of the last sport in the world that doesn't want camera to help referees.

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
post Jun 24 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #113

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (SubbedChris @ Jun 24 2010, 03:16 PM) *
Did he even touch the ball on that last chance? laugh.gif

LOL!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
post Jun 24 2010, 11:47 PM
Post #114

QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Jun 24 2010, 01:34 PM) *
Don't think so. But soccer is a sport in which you have to be used to see bad ref, fake injuries, people rolling on the ground to make the opponent takes a red card, etc...

It's pretty sad and I don't particularly like football because of all that crap.

In American Football, played on an even smaller field, the refs tend to be quite good, generally spot on. But they have 7 of them. Perhaps the problem is having only 3 refs. Seems inadequate to me, to watch that many players on that big of a field. I was sort of kidding about bookies paying these guys off, that probably is rare.

edit: although there was more to the really bad call on the free kick against Slovenia. There was a bad call for off sides in the last game against Algeria, but that was understandable, things are going fast, people understand a bad call like that. But that earlier call playing Slovenia was clearly intentional, the ref had decided to call it even before the free kick, there was absolutely nothing there to call, and he had the whistle in his mouth before anything even happened. Perhaps he felt the free kick should not have been awarded. But I am not sure, that is a case where I am convinced the ref was intentionally making a bad call, for whatever motivation I can't be sure.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Jun 25 2010, 06:54 AM

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
post Jun 25 2010, 07:26 AM
Post #115

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 7.035

QUOTE (fkalich @ Jun 25 2010, 12:47 AM) *
In American Football, played on an even smaller field, the refs tend to be quite good, generally spot on. But they have 7 of them. Perhaps the problem is having only 3 refs. Seems inadequate to me, to watch that many players on that big of a field. I was sort of kidding about bookies paying these guys off, that probably is rare.

edit: although there was more to the really bad call on the free kick against Slovenia. There was a bad call for off sides in the last game against Algeria, but that was understandable, things are going fast, people understand a bad call like that. But that earlier call playing Slovenia was clearly intentional, the ref had decided to call it even before the free kick, there was absolutely nothing there to call, and he had the whistle in his mouth before anything even happened. Perhaps he felt the free kick should not have been awarded. But I am not sure, that is a case where I am convinced the ref was intentionally making a bad call, for whatever motivation I can't be sure.

Another parameter to take in consideration is that sometimes on TV, we can't see everything. Perhaps he whistled for some other reasons. But anyways, it's part of soccer I think.

You would have gone nuts seeing the last Chelsea vs Barcelona match in Champion's League. As Didier Drogba said, it was a complete disgrace. smile.gif

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Caelumamittendum
post Jun 25 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #116

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 5.298

QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Jun 25 2010, 08:26 AM) *
Another parameter to take in consideration is that sometimes on TV, we can't see everything. Perhaps he whistled for some other reasons. But anyways, it's part of soccer I think.

You would have gone nuts seeing the last Chelsea vs Barcelona match in Champion's League. As Didier Drogba said, it was a complete disgrace. smile.gif

If you watch Premier League on a regular basis and particularly with mr. Howard Webb as referee you will see much, much worse decisions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sonny_NL
post Jun 25 2010, 12:37 PM
Post #117

Learning Roadie

Member No.: 7.099

netherlands are going good, 9 points in the group like argetinia

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
post Jun 25 2010, 12:42 PM
Post #118

Learning Rock Star

Member No.: 2.420

QUOTE (sonny_NL @ Jun 25 2010, 01:37 PM) *
netherlands are going good, 9 points in the group like argetinia

Yes, but if we'd continue to play like we do, we won't make it... Hopefully the next match will show full control and smooth attacks. I'm happy with the results so far, of course smile.gif...

+Quote Post
alvaroshredd
post Jun 25 2010, 01:15 PM
Post #119

Member No.: 10.319

spain plays today vs chile, good match dont miss it my friends! lets see if spain can win today, because chile is playing really good!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
post Jun 27 2010, 09:32 PM
Post #120

Instructor
Group Icon

Member No.: 1.289

Vamosss Argentina! 3-1 vs Mexico! smile.gif The next one is Germany!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 11:45 PM