Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hey There
post Apr 13 2007, 12:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1.556

Names Erik, and I first picked up a guitar about 6 months ago.

Ive wanted to learn how to play since I was about 10 and my uncle showed me a little bit, sadly he lived on the other side of the country so I only got to hold a guitar for a few days while visiting. And coming from a paycheck to paycheck family meant there was no chance of getting an instrument. So for the next decade the idea sat in the back of my head and I didn't pay much attention to it. Until my friends seemed to all get guitars about 2 years ago, and what has bothered me is that they picked them up once, couldn't figure out how to play like a master so they quit! So now that I'm 21 and holding an job I could finally afford a guitar of my own and swore that ill learn to play it (with the hopes that once I learned a bit I could finally get my friends to pick up theirs and point them in the right direction of how to play).

So I got myself an ESP LTD F-50 (I wanted a guitar with a look that would make me want to pick it up everyday, and also it was reasonably priced for my first, sounds pretty good too)

and a Marshall MD15DFX (it was cheap, and also seemed to sound alright)

and since then ive been trying to teach myself from books since im a full time student and a full time worker which has been very hard as I can never tell if im playing or practicing correctly, and their wasn't anyone around to show me. So I found this site, and decided ill give it a try.

The bands and players that Inspired me most to learn:

Megadeth (been listening to them since i was 7)
Mike Riggs (Rob Zombie/Scum of the Earth, I love the riffs that guy writes)
ZZ Top
Erik Mongrain (if you havnt heard him, check him out)
The Beatles
Slough Feg

And pretty much all viking metal and fantasy/folk metal bands

The one area of music ive heard very little of but in many cases liked it when i did is Blues, so any suggestions of bands/musicians i should look for since this my knowledge of the blues non-existant
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th October 2016 - 08:47 PM