4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Mtp Out - Private Lessons In, Launch of new pay feature which will replace MTP
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 19 2010, 12:42 PM
GMC Founder
Those of you have been following the development of MTP (Mentored Training Program) know that we have been experimenting back and forth with it.

As interest for the program grew - we ended up with a situation where we had to enforce restrictions in order to afford it. That is the reason we introduced the three month cycle and well as assignments/REC requirements. As a result many students were unhappy with the program.

Starting from today we introduce a new program called Private Lessons. With private we basically mean personal lessons - we chose this name because it fits the gap we are trying to fill at GMC, as well as the direction we want it to take.

This program will cost 30 usd per month and is completely separated from the normal GMC subscription. This means that if you want access to GMC videos and Private Lessons you will have to pay two separate fees.

The program will work very similar to the mtp program - however: You will be able to choose your own pace of progress. If you want lots of assignments you will get it - if you want a softer approach that is fine as well. No REC requirement. No three month limit - you can keep getting Private Lessons for an unlimited time. The idea is that you and your instructor find the ideal learning plan which works best for you - and helps you with your own style and direction.

Just as with the mtp program we will do our best to match you up with your desired instructor and/or style. More about the program and sign up here.

Those of you who are currently doing MTP will of course be able to finish the three month cycle as planned without any additional fees.

I will do my best to answer your questions and feedback here!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 19 2010, 12:48 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Great!

What about the normal GMC fee? remains the same as before? That would kinda suck.

Oh and it looks like I can only sign up for 6 months in advance. Is that so?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Jul 19 2010, 12:54 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Kris,

This sounds awesome! A little confused about how it works though. Will we be assigned existing video lessons to learn like in the MTP? Or will we be assigned tasks that are created just for the student by the instructor?

Ben

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 19 2010, 12:59 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 19 2010, 01:48 PM) *
What about the normal GMC fee? remains the same as before? That would kinda suck.

The normal GMC fee will unfortunately remain the same ( mtp was never included in there). We have been running mtp as a test feature form the start never letting it affect the GMC fee - since we didn't know if the program was here to stay.

QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 19 2010, 01:48 PM) *
Oh and it looks like I can only sign up for 6 months in advance. Is that so?

Yes!

QUOTE (Praetorian @ Jul 19 2010, 01:54 PM) *
This sounds awesome! A little confused about how it works though. Will we be assigned existing video lessons to learn like in the MTP? Or will we be assigned tasks that are created just for the student by the instructor?

It is completely up to you how you want to do it! I suggest you go for what feels most motivating for you.

As soon as you have been assigned an instructor you will have a discussion on how to structure your learning program. You can of course change this later on if you want to try a new approach.

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 19 2010, 01:02 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
This sounds farely reasanable

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 19 2010, 01:06 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Okay, I initially signed up because of MTP and thought it was included with the price.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 19 2010, 01:08 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow this is big news!
Sounds great Kris, this opens a bunch of possibilities in 1on1 interaction with our instructors for those wishing to take their practice time and playing to a new level smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 19 2010, 01:13 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 19 2010, 02:06 PM) *
Okay, I initially signed up because of MTP and thought it was included with the price.

Yes we did offer mtp for people who signed up for a GMC subscription. However as announced on the open boards we have decided to discontinue mtp (and launch a final mtp round which is currently running).

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 19 2010, 01:22 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 19 2010, 12:59 PM) *
Yes!

Aren't you guys considering keeping 3 months option? What happens if instructor has to leave in between or has a tour or something? or even students for that fact. Just would be more flexible.

--------------------

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jul 19 2010, 02:08 PM
Learning Roadie
Can we just pay for the Private lessons ?? and not pay gmc normal fee ???

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 19 2010, 02:12 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I would guess yes.. but I am sure you will be referred to lessons at GMC for which you will have to pay. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Jul 19 2010, 02:13 PM
Instructor
good stuff going on here!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 19 2010, 02:16 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Jul 19 2010, 03:08 PM) *
Can we just pay for the Private lessons ?? and not pay gmc normal fee ???

Yes!

QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 19 2010, 03:12 PM) *
I would guess yes.. but I am sure you will be referred to lessons at GMC for which you will have to pay. smile.gif

You decide what to do with your instructor, if you don't want to use GMC lesson material you don't have to. (or you could use the free parts of GMC)

--------------------

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Jul 19 2010, 02:20 PM
Learning Roadie
OK .. that would be preatty cool .. and if an instructor assings somthing from a lesson on GMC can we see them ??( if we are just payn the private lssons fee )

+Quote Post
NoSkill
Jul 19 2010, 02:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Are the lessons, "Private," or will there be open forum discussions regarding the lessons as with MTP? That is, will there be an area where student and instructor communicate that is just seen by the person paying the fee? Or will it be like MTP, where people can follow along with their assignments and their progress?

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 19 2010, 02:49 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (NoSkill @ Jul 19 2010, 03:44 PM) *
Are the lessons, "Private," or will there be open forum discussions regarding the lessons as with MTP? That is, will there be an area where student and instructor communicate that is just seen by the person paying the fee? Or will it be like MTP, where people can follow along with their assignments and their progress?

In the beginning the lessons will have the same format as the current mtp. However if there is an interest in more "closed" discussions that is something we are open for.

The basic idea is that if this feature works out - we will build a new solution for it so that we no longer need to use the forum. This will make it a lot easier to implement your requests and easier to use for students.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 19 2010, 02:50 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
What about 3 month option Kris or just even monthly? I saw it not practical mainly because, say I took my first 6 months and then just decided learn few more things in next month or 3 months. So, just asking...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 19 2010, 02:57 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Jul 19 2010, 03:20 PM) *
and if an instructor assings somthing from a lesson on GMC can we see them ??( if we are just payn the private lssons fee )

No, you will always need to be a GMC subscriber to view member videos.

QUOTE (maharzan @ Jul 19 2010, 03:50 PM) *
What about 3 month option Kris or just even monthly? I saw it not practical mainly because, say I took my first 6 months and then just decided learn few more things in next month or 3 months. So, just asking...

We haven't come that far in the planning yet. The reason the payment is set to 6 month is because all payments will be handled manually + your instructor will likely spend most time with you during the first phase (getting to know you personally, your goals, current level and weaknesses).

However if it turns out this feature is here to stay we might very well be able to offer more payment alternatives.

--------------------

+Quote Post
maharzan
Jul 19 2010, 03:01 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Very cool.. Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jul 19 2010, 03:09 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I would be really interested which instructors are going to be available (also most probably one instructor will only have few spots open?).

--------------------

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:31 PM