Bb King Shredding!
Azzaboi
Aug 10 2010, 06:48 AM
GMC:er
BB King still got it! Yep, Mr. BB shredding out on Blues Boys Detune!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Aug 10 2010, 02:05 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
Those "Shreds" videos are funny...but I sure hope nobody gets the impression that these legends sound that bad!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 10 2010, 02:13 PM
Instructor
I checked youtube comments, and it seems that some people do think this is real, it's very well made indeed. Of course, comments like "he haven't lost a bit" mean that these people don't really listen to BB. It's funny video smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Staffy
Aug 10 2010, 04:02 PM
Learning Tone Master
There's a lot of them on Youtube, one of the best imo. is this one with Eric Clapton.

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Aug 10 2010, 04:56 PM
Instructor
Yeah! How to play outside the changes laugh.gif

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 10 2010, 05:49 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
ahhahahahaha I just love these videos! What is most fun is that they are so well made and seem real smile.gif

This one is my favorite :

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 10 2010, 06:11 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
This one is my favourite, because it sounds like me when I'm playing Tender Surrender laugh.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 10 2010, 07:57 PM
Those are awesome, there's so many of them! lol
The singing also improves, so funny!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
MigeZ
Aug 10 2010, 09:46 PM

This is my favorite biggrin.gif Metallique - Uno laugh.gif

And I'll put this too because my sister fell on the floor laughing when she saw this... biggrin.gif Maybe has something to do about her being a Kiss fan when she was younger she's 34 now.

This post has been edited by MigeZ: Aug 10 2010, 09:54 PM

--------------------
MigeZ
What doesn't kill you
Will only make you stronger

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 10 2010, 10:17 PM
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Lmao that's a funny one!

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Aug 13 2010, 11:34 PM
Learning Tone Master
These movies are hilarious as always laugh.gif

+Quote Post
K1R
Aug 13 2010, 11:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
I apologize for the stupid question but what does "shredding" mean?

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Aug 14 2010, 12:31 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (K1R @ Aug 14 2010, 12:55 AM) *
I apologize for the stupid question but what does "shredding" mean?

The only stupid questions are the ones not asked! smile.gif

"Shred guitar or shredding refers to lead electric guitar playing that relies heavily on fast guitar solos. While one critic argues that shred guitar is associated with "... sweep-picked arpeggios, diminished and harmonic minor scales, finger-tapping and ... whammy-bar abuse",[1] several guitar writers argue that rather than being a musical definition, it is a fairly subjective cultural term used by guitarists and enthusiasts of guitar music. It is usually used with reference to heavy metal guitar playing, where it is associated with rapid tapping solos and special effects such as whammy bar "dive bombs". The term is sometimes used with reference to playing outside this idiom, particularly country, jazz fusion, blues,[2][3] and bluegrass."

From Wikipedia

This post has been edited by Sollesnes: Aug 14 2010, 12:32 AM

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 14 2010, 02:31 AM
Hey Kirill, just remember these aren't real shredding but fakes of popular guitarist remixed to kinda look like they are shredding for a bit of a laugh!

Here's a sample of some real shredding:

I'm still a shredder in the learning... but would like to learn it one day.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 14 2010, 02:36 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 23 2010, 01:49 PM
Jazz Instructor
Haha, I never get enough of this biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:22 PM