11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Promoting Your Playing And Your Music And You!, Tips and Tricks on Getting the word out about you!
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 13 2013, 11:20 AM
Post #141

Instructor
Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 10.636

For instance, I set it so that it will announce me regarding the number of new subscribers to the mailing lists of the projects in which I have installed it. It's a really cool tool biggrin.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 23 2013, 12:20 AM
Post #142

GMC:er
Group Icon

Member No.: 8.794

Here is a link to a FREE video course on YOUTUBE created by youtube. Very helpful info!!

http://creatoracademy.withgoogle.com/course

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 23 2013, 07:39 PM
Post #143

Instructor
Group Icon

Hehe! Thanks man! I'm curious if it can do something for my channel - it has been in a slow progress for the last 4-5 months, but it is somehow stalling..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Nov 28 2013, 04:08 AM
Post #144

Group Icon

Sure smile.gif Why not? A giveaway contest is a good way to bump up traffic. Contact the folks that you represent in terms of gear and see if they can give something that you could give away in a video contest on your channel. smile.gif

Also, look in to putting a little ad spend in to play. A little ad spend can go a long way smile.gif]
Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Nov 23 2013, 01:39 PM) *
Hehe! Thanks man! I'm curious if it can do something for my channel - it has been in a slow progress for the last 4-5 months, but it is somehow stalling..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Nov 29 2013, 08:33 AM
Post #145

Instructor
Group Icon

Great idea! Thanks Todd! biggrin.gif I will see what I can cook up in terms of a contest then and lay down a plan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 15 2014, 07:41 PM
Post #146

Group Icon

Wanted to share the findings of something done by buffer.com, big shock, on FACEBOOK, LONGER POSTS DO POORLY!!! smile.gif

I"m guessing everyone knows this. But just in case. When posting on your facebook "Fan Page" (if you don't have a fan page for your music, go make one, it's free) try to keep the posts short. Longer posts just don't generate good returns in terms of folks reading or responding. Here is a handy chart to illustrate.

The "sweet spot" is about 120 characters for a facebook post smile.gif This is even SHORTER THAN TWITTER!!! (140 characters) so basicallly, your fan page posts should be shorter than a tweet!

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 15 2014, 07:43 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 16 2014, 10:01 AM
Post #147

Instructor
Group Icon

Good call here man smile.gif Facebook is an INSTRUMENT which can and should be used as such. A short announcement pointing out to something behind a link, is the way to go - am I right? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Jan 18 2014, 08:04 AM
Post #148

Group Icon

Pretty much smile.gif It can be a post about anything your fans may be interested in, just keep it short and always use either a PICTURE or a VIDEO in the post. Text only posts generate very little response sad.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 16 2014, 04:01 AM) *
Good call here man smile.gif Facebook is an INSTRUMENT which can and should be used as such. A short announcement pointing out to something behind a link, is the way to go - am I right? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
post Jan 19 2014, 04:56 AM
Post #149

Learning Rock Star

Group: Members
Member No.: 18.500

Hmm, interesting. On my personal profile, I can get quite response on posts and photos, but A lot of my posts on my Facebook page don't seem to get much of a response. In fact new song announcements tend to have the worst response of all. Is there something behind this

My page: https://facebook.com/TakaPerryMusic

This post has been edited by Taka Perry: Jan 19 2014, 04:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 19 2014, 09:14 AM
Post #150

Instructor
Group Icon

I think that I am somehow having the same problem smile.gif By this I mean that my personal artist page doesn't receive as much attention as I would like it to. On the other hand, I haven't quite took enough time to post there that often and somehow, I don't know how, I managed to make people expect news on my personal profile. I will dig more into this after the new Days of Confusion video release and let you know what I think we should do. If you discover something, please post here as well wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
miguelbatalha
post Jan 19 2014, 11:07 AM
Post #151

Member No.: 19.016

It's just the FB works. It makes FB page owners promote their posts. :/

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
post Jan 19 2014, 02:26 PM
Post #152

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (miguelbatalha @ Jan 19 2014, 09:07 PM) *
It's just the FB works. It makes FB page owners promote their posts. :/

You're right, after all Facebook is a business and all they need is money. I think its a good practice to point people to your website, because you have total control over that smile.gif that's what I do.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 19 2014, 04:07 PM
Post #153

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Jan 19 2014, 01:26 PM) *
You're right, after all Facebook is a business and all they need is money. I think its a good practice to point people to your website, because you have total control over that smile.gif that's what I do.

Good point here man - we will get our site up tomorrow most likely and try to redirect things there as much as possible... maybe even create a monthly newsletter..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
post Jan 20 2014, 03:35 AM
Post #154

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 20 2014, 02:07 AM) *
Good point here man - we will get our site up tomorrow most likely and try to redirect things there as much as possible... maybe even create a monthly newsletter..

Awesome! Let me know how you do the newsletter, I still don't know how to create one smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 20 2014, 08:19 AM
Post #155

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Jan 20 2014, 02:35 AM) *
Awesome! Let me know how you do the newsletter, I still don't know how to create one smile.gif

First of all you have to decide on what newsletter sending service you shall use smile.gif I for one am going for Mailchimp -> http://mailchimp.com/

Then, make an editorial calendar based on what you want to announce - that means, if you will have 1 newsletter/month, which I personally think is enough for our level of activity at THIS point, you will have to prepare 12 subjects (12 months - 12 subjects) which you think your fans would be interested in, based on your activity. Each newsletter should have interesting stuff in it, revolving around news regarding your activity, tips and tricks on composing and orchestrating your songs and pretty much everything you feel like your fans would find engaging and nice, interactive and all that smile.gif You can even start a contest once you have a fan base of 200-300 people tongue.gif

I hope I sparked something there biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Socky42
post Jan 25 2014, 07:12 PM
Post #156

Member No.: 10.762

Found a site that could be useful, it's called PayWithATweet:

http://www.paywithatweet.com/

You give a download link that people have access to after tweeting on Twitter or sharing on Facebook.

All it takes is one person to get the viral ball rolling.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 26 2014, 03:29 PM
Post #157

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jan 25 2014, 06:12 PM) *

You give a download link that people have access to after tweeting on Twitter or sharing on Facebook.

Hmmm... interesting concept mate, tell me, does it work? I mean, have you tried it?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
post Jan 26 2014, 03:35 PM
Post #158

Learning Rock Star

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 20 2014, 06:19 PM) *
First of all you have to decide on what newsletter sending service you shall use smile.gif I for one am going for Mailchimp -> http://mailchimp.com/

Then, make an editorial calendar based on what you want to announce - that means, if you will have 1 newsletter/month, which I personally think is enough for our level of activity at THIS point, you will have to prepare 12 subjects (12 months - 12 subjects) which you think your fans would be interested in, based on your activity. Each newsletter should have interesting stuff in it, revolving around news regarding your activity, tips and tricks on composing and orchestrating your songs and pretty much everything you feel like your fans would find engaging and nice, interactive and all that smile.gif You can even start a contest once you have a fan base of 200-300 people tongue.gif

I hope I sparked something there biggrin.gif

That sounds awesome. I've actually tried Mailchimp a few times before, and I don't if this is just Australia, but they always needed my home address. It was for some spam prevention or something. Anyway, I found out every time someone subscribed to my mailing list, it publicly showed my address, which was no good. I never worked out how to hide my address, but maybe I didn't look hard enough :\

QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jan 26 2014, 05:12 AM) *

This sounds very promising. Especially for musicians, I think it's more important that people hear your music than buy it.

I'm glad that that there is the option to share on Facebook. I find thinhns gets drowned out on Twitter, because it seems to be just a constant stream of advertising biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
post Jan 26 2014, 06:56 PM
Post #159

Instructor
Group Icon

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Jan 26 2014, 02:35 PM) *
That sounds awesome. I've actually tried Mailchimp a few times before, and I don't if this is just Australia, but they always needed my home address. It was for some spam prevention or something. Anyway, I found out every time someone subscribed to my mailing list, it publicly showed my address, which was no good. I never worked out how to hide my address, but maybe I didn't look hard enough :\

This sounds very promising. Especially for musicians, I think it's more important that people hear your music than buy it.

I'm glad that that there is the option to share on Facebook. I find thinhns gets drowned out on Twitter, because it seems to be just a constant stream of advertising biggrin.gif

Mate - I am using an 'official' mail address so it's not a problem smile.gif If you have a website, you can create an [email protected] address and use that one - why not? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
post Feb 17 2014, 01:33 PM
Post #160

Group Icon

Quickie about a new social media service called "KLOUT". I know what your thinking already, "Good night, yet another social media time suck!" and I feel your pain!! The good news is that klout is really just a way to measure your impact on the social networks you are involved in.

DISCLAIMER: ONLY FOR FOLKS INTERESTED IN LEVERAGING SOCIAL MEDIA TO INCREASE VIEWS/LISTENS!!

So then, go join up @ www.klout.com and link it to the social media that you use on a regular basis. Klout will then track the impact you are having on the networks you inhabit. You will then get a "KLOUT RANK".

The ONLY reason the klout rank number matters is that biz folks see it as a "Hard Metric", meaning a number that can't be faked. You either have X amount of "reach" on social media, or you don't. So when approaching a vendor/manufacturer, this can be part of your arsenal of data to show why it's worth it for them to send you free stuff. smile.gif

Here is my KLOUT SCORE

not a ground breaking score, but in the top 20% of "influencers" which is something you can point to when establishing you/your brand to anyone your trying to pitch.

Attached Image

Here is a breakdown of my social networks.

Attached Image

A handy chart showing where I have the most "reach". These types of "metrics" are becoming more and more important and as more and more folks establish themselves online. So steak your claim and watch your metrics!!

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 17 2014, 01:34 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th March 2017 - 01:03 PM