Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Does Anybody Know How To Turn On The Mic Monitor On Windows Vista?
Mudbone
post Sep 3 2010, 05:28 AM
Post #1

Learning Apprentice Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 10.329

I'm trying to record with the Boss GT-10 into my laptop, but I can't hear what I'm playing through the speakers. I tried using the USB interface, but I couldn't get it to work. Does anybody have any advice on how to remedy this problem?

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jafomatic
post Sep 3 2010, 01:41 PM
Post #2

GMC:er

Member No.: 7.145

The mic monitor or "stereo mix" as it used to be called was renamed. It's also going to be loaded with latency and not worth using.

It is definitely well worth your time to figure out the USB connection so that you can use the device as an external soundcard or at least a proper source of audio. This may also allow you to use some other output on the device for monitoring the stream without the latency associated with a trip through your computer first.

Whenever you're tempted to plug something (other than a gaming headset mic) into a computer's mic in: stop and think about it first; it's going to be the wrong idea nine times out of ten.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
post Sep 3 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #3

Learning Apprentice Player

Member No.: 10.329

QUOTE (jafomatic @ Sep 3 2010, 08:41 AM) *
The mic monitor or "stereo mix" as it used to be called was renamed. It's also going to be loaded with latency and not worth using.

It is definitely well worth your time to figure out the USB connection so that you can use the device as an external soundcard or at least a proper source of audio. This may also allow you to use some other output on the device for monitoring the stream without the latency associated with a trip through your computer first.

Whenever you're tempted to plug something (other than a gaming headset mic) into a computer's mic in: stop and think about it first; it's going to be the wrong idea nine times out of ten.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to figure out how to use USB connector.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2017 - 12:02 AM