Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Slide In Riffing 2, Question about the slide in the Riff Master II tutorial
post Sep 7 2010, 05:07 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3.880

Hi Liam,

I am practicing your Riff Master lessons -- so far they're incredibly enjoyable!

In the Riff Master II main video ( you do a slide after the melodic section (right around the 1:01-1:02 minute mark). In the video, I see your right hand move (as if to push/pull the bridge like a tremolo bar). At first I thought you were doing a pick slide, but then after watching it over and over figured it had to do something with the bridge.
I don't see any bar attached to the guitar, but since it was slightly off camera, it spiked my curiosity more -- plus it sounds bad ass!!

The only time I've seen other guitarists use the tremolo bar (for a slide type effect instead of vibrato/tremolo) is for the dime/harmonic squeal effect --

Can you explain what you were doing and how you did it?

Many thanks for the great lessons!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
post Sep 13 2010, 04:00 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: GMC Instructor
Member No.: 4.895

hey man, thanks for king words!
well, that's nothing too complex.
you may know the floyd rose system, and then its bar. well I just don't use the bar on my FR. and its place, to make the effects of it, I use my right hand. I hold with my fingers and move the FR system as I want.
you get something similar by using the bar, but, in this way, you also find new things to try out.
it needs a bit of practice, but as I already said, it's not too complex.

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th October 2016 - 06:47 AM